Lighted platform for Storm Trooper.

cyberpyrot

Sr Member
im working on a lighted platform for my storm trooper I know its not much so far but I promise it will look really cool with frosted plexi glass and lights. I still need to cut the sides out of aluminum and build the wooden inner frame. I should be done by Monday. Does anyone have any ideas for the cut on the sides. I cut it out of Aluminum Plate

IMG_1063.JPGIMG_1419.JPGIMG_1420.JPG

I totally envy all you guys who have the space to display costumes and especially if you have lit platforms that totally match the costumes theme.

You could probaly build the sides out of stacked wooden rings that are held together by metal rods with distance pieces so that the whole display stand appears to be floating.

I totally envy all you guys who have the space to display costumes and especially if you have lit platforms that totally match the costumes theme.

You could probaly build the sides out of stacked wooden rings that are held together by metal rods with distance pieces so that the whole display stand appears to be floating.

That was the plan. I meant what design to cut into the metal sides for the light to shine through.

This is an outstanding example that Azheat made.
I hope he won't mind me sharing his picture. I'll remove it if so.

image.jpeg

Wow that looks amazing. I plan on building another for my boba fett with the mandlorian emblem. I wish I hade the space to make big ones like that.

- - - Updated - - -

should I paint the metal black?

Totally agree. I'm in awe of that collection.

Looking awesome as it is!
No sides IMHO, since it´s a more modern approach...wouldn´t combine the imperial logo on top with classy ovals/ holes on the sides.

BUT in the end YOUR opinion is all that matters.
I built mine MANY years ago with the intention of displaying my two 1:1 in corners of my office, hence the shape.
Since I redid my cave, they´re actually a tad too big but I am keeping them anyway ;)

Looks great. I believe I see a Deagostini Falcon on the floor there. Have you considered making the cutouts with the rebel logo? I would pester you for one of those. Good job!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back