Josh Farraday - The Magnificent Seven (Chris Pratt)

Kevin Gossett

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Apparently I have an affinity for Chris Pratt costumes, as I've already done Star-Lord and Owen Grady. Now Pratt's newest role is on my radar, so I'd like to open up discussion on dissecting the costume!

CP is starring alongside an A-list cast in the remake of The Magnificent Seven, playing the role of Josh Farraday. He's described as a gambler with a love for explosives. Here's the trailer:

Here's a hi-res photo of Josh

-chris-pratt-reboot-a-western-classic-in-action-packed-magnificent-seven-trailer.jpg_zpsbmtosbuk.png

I'd love to see if we can identify the henley ( Indy Magnoli maybe you guys can work something up? ;))

I've started searching for fabric to make the vest. Possibly a paisley jacquard.

So, who's jumping on this one with me!?

Attachments

• -chris-pratt-reboot-a-western-classic-in-action-packed-magnificent-seven-trailer.jpg_zpsbmtosbuk.png
    -chris-pratt-reboot-a-western-classic-in-action-packed-magnificent-seven-trailer.jpg_zpsbmtosbuk.png
    624.6 KB · Views: 290
  • -chris-pratt-reboot-a-western-classic-in-action-packed-magnificent-seven-trailer.jpg_zpsbmtosbuk.png
    624.6 KB · Views: 231
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Chris Pratt is a fan of wearing vests in his movies, haha. What with Star-Lord and Owen Grady both having vested outfits.

This looks like a great costume, seems simple enough to reproduce. Those holsters look like they'd be fun to have a crack at making!

I took some time last night to screenshot some stills from the trailer. Not the best quality, but they should work for reference purposes.

Hope I'm not taking over too much, but this looks like it would be a fun build and I'd like to help!

Just want to preface this by stating that I do not own any of theses images, they are the property of Sony Pictures.

Starting with a couple almost full body shots:

jcugmiO.pnguISjEig.png

Some shots of his belts:
psEYEUr.pngtsFRJIi.png

Here's a better look at his belt buckle

psEYEUr.png

Some better detail on his scarf
rE16OnC.png

Here he has a third shoulder holster, i'm guessing for a big shootout scene. He's also seen with what looks like a Winchester Model 1892, but it could just be a similar lever-action rifle. I am basing that assumption solely on the fact that it looks like Zoe's (Gina Torres) gun from Firefly/ Serenity.
OiOV7tM.pngD9c6Y6n.png

Hope these help!

The belt looks a lot like the B3-LCB belt offered by www.westernleatherholster.com in saddle tan. This belt does not have the white stitching on standard ordering but they do plenty of custom work and have an incredible customer service. I'm sure they would give you a price for the addition.

The same site also has a CH58B- US Marshall Slim Jim holster which is very close. Once again is does not have the white stitching. Looking at the pics if you went with this holster option you would need a right hand draw and a right hand cross draw. Probably in a high rise option seeing how there is no drop from the belt to the pistol.

I'll have to see some better pics to help with the shoulder holster.

Also if you have any leather workers in your area and told them you want a tapered cartridge belt in saddle tan with white accent stitching I'm sure they would tell you if they can make that or know someone who could.

:eek I didn't realise thee was a remake...................I should put the glue gun down and go outside more often, I digress good luck with the build

Check out this ebay auction for a screen used costume:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAGNIFICENT...WORN-FINAL-BATTLE-COSTUME-W-HAT-/182290960552

Great brand name details, and a bunch of close up shots.

Details
VEST
Brand: Not Available
Size: Approx Large
Material: Appears Cotton
Color: Brown
Condition: Distressed w/ Tears
Notes: 1 of Multiples
PANTS
Brand: Double R L
Size: 34/32
Material: Cotton
Condition: Distressed w/ Multiples Tears
HAT
Brand: Baron
Size: One Size
Material: Appears Suede
Condition: Good
Notes: 1 of 2
SHIRT
Brand: Woolrich
Size: Large
Material: Cotton
Color: Grey
Condition: Distressed w/ Multiple Tears
BELT (BONUS)
Brand: Tony Lama
Size: 38
Material: Leather
Condition: Good
Notes: Please note, This item is being included as bonus item and will not be detailed on the coa.1 of 1
SHOES
Brand: Ariat
Size: 13
Material: Leather
Condition: Good-Previously Worn
Notes: 1 of 2

faraday costume.jpg

faraday costume.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They have another auction with info on the bandana. Supposed to be RRL, but I get the feeling it's custom made by them, as searches have turned up nothing.

has anyone had luck finding the pants. i tried searching for Double R L and it's seems to be Ralph Lauren line, but I can't find the actual pants.

Subscribing to this thread. This would be a good costume build for me after my Star Lord build. Got me some leather to make the belt and holsters. I noticed he had a knife holster on the back of the belt?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back