I just cannot get into Serenity. Something about that ship I just don't like. I don't know if it is her crooked lines or butt heavy back end or what. I just don't like it. But that is just my opinion, no need to throw anything at me.

I just cannot get into Serenity. Something about that ship I just don't like. I don't know if it is her crooked lines or butt heavy back end or what. I just don't like it. But that is just my opinion, no need to throw anything at me.
tumblr_lzhonzeX0a1qd5zkno2_500.gif

It is a wonky looking ship from the outside. It's certainly not sleek or gorgeous. Serenity looks like an origami crane, to be honest. But it has an eccentric charm for a motley crew of travelers and the interior is very homey and cozy. I could see a crew living there for months at a time. I'll be in my bunk.

I like the new Ships of the Federation since First Contact: They're sleek, they're agressive, they looke like badass starships. I had my problems at first with the 1701-E but it growed on me, the coolest starship is the Akira class. So different what we used to be with the catamaran style.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzhonzeX0a1qd5zkno2_500.gif

It is a wonky looking ship from the outside. It's certainly not sleek or gorgeous. Serenity looks like an origami crane, to be honest. But it has an eccentric charm for a motley crew of travelers and the interior is very homey and cozy. I could see a crew living there for months at a time. I'll be in my bunk.
Serenity is a utility vehicle, like an ambulance or a bus--it's designed and built to serve a specific purpose, not to look good. And it's like an old RV that probably should have been traded in years ago, but it's so comfortable and familiar that you just can't. It's broken in, you know all of it's quirks, and it's your home when you're on the road. Sure, there are better vehicles out there, but it has a certain charm that you like so you just keep fixing it and moving along.

Gotta be discovery for me from 2001

The c57-d from forbidden planet a close second.

Honorable mentions...

Orion clipper - 2001

Sulaco - aliens

Atreides ship - dune

War rocket ajax - flash gordon

Last edited:
The Narcissus from Alien.

All from SW:
A-Wing
Venator-class Star Destroyer
Imperial-II class Star Destroyer
The Ghost
Millennium Falcon

Still the Eagle, followed by the Falcon, the refit E fits in there, too.
Serenity was a bad swipe of Foss, and that an average design to start with.

No love for B5's White Star or the awesome Shadow cruisers?

I love the Earth ships in B5 but the alien ships are all so sterile and blank on the inside. It's like the aliens never relax and have a sit down! :lol
(except the Centuari!)

I guess the ships I like most are the ones that are broken in and can clearly be seen as being "lived in".

Serenity
The Ghost
The Falcon

I did always dig the Gunstar from The Last Starfighter!

I've always liked the Ebon Hawk from the KOTOR games.

I'm not sure if it belongs here, but it is fictional. I think that the FA37 Talon fighters from the Stealth movie was a stunning design.

When I was a kid, I loved the Interceptors from U.F.O. I still have my repainted Dinky Toys diecast metal toy. Oh, and the Eagles from Space:1999.

I had built model kits of the Voyager from the Fantastic Voyage Saturday morning cartoon. Simplistic design, but still had the pilot in his cool bubble. And the Pan Am Space Clipper "Orion" (would actually be named "Clipper Orion" I'd think) always looked good.

Another fun ship design and model to biuld: the Spindrift from Land of the Giants. It was a Big Deal when they offered a detailed interior. Wish I'd known then how to rig lights. I might've had a different career.... (I believe there are promotional stills of Deanna Lund(?) in a bikini with the filming model ... 30" or so like the first Starship Enterprise was!)

Dunno if it was my favorite, but the Vipers from ABC's Battlestar Galactica were such well done integration of fighter, submarine, and Star Wars era spaceship design.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back