Wonder woman dawn of justice 3d printed armor

KadzaNeon

Hey guys,

Im working on some armor for my amazon woman and I just wanted to show off of my progress.
I purchased DO3D's Wonder Woman armor because i have a child and a serious lack of time to do anything these days. I was hoping it would save me some time modeling but i wasn't totally happy with some of the parts as they weren't super accurate. So i modeled my own versions or just revised their models in some cases.
The bracers were made completely from scratch by me and from what i can tell, they are the most accurate ones out there atm. Minus the battle damage.
The tiara was made by DO3D and i just sculpted the striations texture onto it, same goes for the armband.
I'm currently working on the leg armor.
I want to eventually make these armor parts available for sale once i cast them. Please don't ask me for the 3D models, I can't sell them.
Thanks for viewing.

RPF-01.jpgRPF-02.jpg

Now after i modified the bracer i still wasn't very happy with it so i decided to just start from scratch and make it properly. see below version three.

RPFALL-01.jpgRPFALL-02.jpgRPFALL-03.jpg

Once i finished modeling the basic structures in Maya i brought the models into Zbrush where i will merge everything together and cut all the holes for the straps.

RPFALL-04.jpg

Here you can see where i started to sculpt in the muscle details.

RPFALL-05.jpg

Added in all the line details and painted it up.

RPFALL-06.jpg

Cute the holes for the leather straps and added the pins.

RPFALL-07.jpg
Sliced up the bracer into four parts so i could start printing. Each part took about 2 hours to print.

Here are some renders.

02.jpg05.jpg04.jpg03.jpg01.jpg06.jpg

Here is the latest print, I am going back and revising the scale of the upper opening as its just a hair to big.
20160419_120224.jpg20160419_120244.jpg20160419_120246.jpg20160419_120250.jpg20160419_120253.jpgIMG_20160418_133910.jpg

And here are some renders of the other two parts, the tiara and armband.

01.jpg01.jpg

I have tested the printed bracers out on a few different arms and the hands can squeeze through with a small bit of effort. so i'm going to cast them in onyx black resin from Smoothon and add aluminum powder to the cast.

- - - Updated - - -

More photos coming soon. Just reprinting the last of the newly sized right bracer and will start sanding them after that.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back