Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... paper thread

Thanks, Lynx!

I ordered for the Book of Signs by Rudolf Koch, and it will be in next week, so I hope it will help on some props I want to do.

Hi! I wonder if anyone could help me.... Does anyone have decent images of the fantastic beast studies/sketches from Newt Scamander's notebook. I think that's where they're from anyway.FP4416-FANTASTIC-BEASTS-field-notes.jpg They look like this:

I found these in the book 'Movie Magic' volume 2- creatures. there's only the two of Newt's notes in this book, and I added the spew logo because I've not seen it before.
View attachment 722093View attachment 722094View attachment 722095
Wow, that is amazing!

After looking at these pages I clearly see that it uses a combination of fonts for handwriting and illustrations are based of cliparts.

As for the SPEW logo I am quite sure it isn't a logo at all and wasn't done for any films but specifically for this book. I know for a fact that neither Miraphora, Eduardo nor Heather (she worked on HP4) did any SPEW graphics for a film.

Two more signage from Jacob's Bakery.
Great job

I wonder if there is an evidence of a book from FB that has repeated pages inside? I don't think I saw anything. The journals and the notebooks don't count. I don't think those Goldstein books have inside but if I have a chance I will check.

Thanks, LorduDesign. I have more to do.

I would guess that there would be no reason to have insides in a book if not opened up on screen.

They did insides for every book that Hermione had in her bag. They did inside for most books from HP5 to HP7.2. Therefore I think they must have done inside for at least one book. My guess is the book that Jacob reads in the film.

Last edited:
I did not know that, thanks for telling me.

The book that Jacob reads in the film, I though it was a nice touch to have the cat jump to the back cover when Jacob got startled when Newt went in his case.

Here is another sign from Jacob's Bakery.

Attachments

• 247.png
    247.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Yeah. I honestly feel although I loved that effect they put too much detail in the scenes and therefore the main VFX didn't look good :/ All the creatures felt very unrealistic and cartoonish.

Good job on the graphic! Thought of doing the price list for his shop?

Thanks! I had thought of doing the list, after finding out the other fonts.

Since the creatures are fake, then being CG fits nicely. The one creature that looks the most fake is Frank.

They could have done most of them practically and they would have looked far better.

Thunderbird still looks better than all the creatures in the Blind Pig. I still have no idea why they did goblins in CG. I understand about Ron Perlman's character but others? Pointless.

I lost track of how many times I have watched the DVD, and just noticed the NYG in MACUSA scene. On the left the movie, on right, the trailer. I understand the reason, it is just I thought it was the same in the movie as in the trailer, so never gave it a second glance.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! (-:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back