Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... paper thread

I've just seen the movie, it's FANTASTIC! Eddie Redmayne is PERFECT as Newt! I don't want to say too much as I don't want to spoil it! I'm hoping to get the screenplay and the case of beasts books soon!

There are playing cards in the display case!!! Hope someone there is able to make some good photos of it.

I'm really hyped about these cards. After tonight, if I'm able to get pictures from the exhibition, I'm going to print a couple of decks.

I know that we still don't have enough info to get close to 100% accuracy, but at least 20 cards are, the rest is well thought through interpretation.

received_10202190267713494.jpeg received_10202190267793496.jpeg received_10202191601266832.jpeg received_10202191601706843.jpeg

Last edited:
thank you so much for all your contributions people! it is great to read & see all.

those are great references Kevin, thank you so much. will be very helpful while recreating props.

TB-7021; wonderful job! i really want to see your full deck. dont forget to show us how they turn out. wizarding world park is selling Weasley wheezes playing cards. i wonder if they will sell these also.

for now i am so dissapointed with the noble collection items. i believe there will be better props to come. for example where the hell is American wizarding money? the only noticable things are wands. and the boxes are another dissapointment with huge fantastic beasts logo. it is supposed to be a replica, im sure no wand maker makes their wands with that huge logo in wizarding world.

thanks a lot for your reviews about movie also. from now there is only 4 hours for me to go. im so excited. it is great to go back to wizarding world once again. there is no place like home!

thank you so much for all your contributions people! it is great to read & see all.

those are great references Kevin, thank you so much. will be very helpful while recreating props.

TB-7021; wonderful job! i really want to see your full deck. dont forget to show us how they turn out. wizarding world park is selling Weasley wheezes playing cards. i wonder if they will sell these also.

for now i am so dissapointed with the noble collection items. i believe there will be better props to come. for example where the hell is American wizarding money? the only noticable things are wands. and the boxes are another dissapointment with huge fantastic beasts logo. it is supposed to be a replica, im sure no wand maker makes their wands with that huge logo in wizarding world.

thanks a lot for your reviews about movie also. from now there is only 4 hours for me to go. im so excited. it is great to go back to wizarding world once again. there is no place like home!

To be honest the Noble Collection was always a dissapointment for me. All the replicas are of poor quality and not accurate at all.

I need your thought on this. Found this photo on instagram, on the back are six playing cards.

Schermafbeelding 2016-11-18 om 15.39.06.png

From left to right.
1. probably the King, and in this case the King of Diamonds. We have seen all 12 face cards, so nothing new there.
2. The Joker, same as the one on the Gnarlak poster.
3. Is this the Ace of Diamonds? There is just one Diamond visible.
4. Definetly spades, but with the bird snake art in the middle. This could be the Ace of Spades, since most decks have a Ace of Spades that's different to the rest of the Aces. In between the Spades is another symbol, I can't figure out what it would be? Maybe the same symbol as they used on the back of the cards?
5. 9 of Diamonds, think this one is visible in the movie too.
6. 10 of Spades, we've seen this one on the picture that came from a facebook group. Just like the other three numbered cards, there is no symbol right underneath the number. I think they left it out, just like some other parts of the desgin.

If my assumptions are correct, these six cards should look like this:
Schermafbeelding 2016-11-18 om 16.01.34.png

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back