Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... paper thread

Over at MinaLima Store they sell an art print of the cards, and I used their magnifier to save and paste together this card. Now the words can be read.
AZSneed. Omg. Yes!!!!!! Thanks so much. You're a life saver. I wonder if there are different versions since the one low res image we have has red dragons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello guys. I apologize for my bad English.
I'm from Brazil / Sao Paulo and I bring some pictures that can help you

Is having an exhibition in the city with some of the film items. I was there yesterday and took some pictures. The items that were available were:
• MACUSA ID CARD
• Wanted Poster
• "The New York Gazetteer" Newspaper
• "Transfiguration Today" Magazine
• "Voice Wizard" Newspaper
• and "Auror Wand", "Newt Wand" & "Executioner Wand"

There were some exposed clothes, but I could not take good pictures of them.
I tried to take pictures from various angles and trying to capture the details. The photos are available here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kw3ijucnqfije8j/AAABz-sMYp_5xA6M786ULy3ta?dl=0

I intend to try to make a replica of some items, and what I can share here. Thank you and hope you enjoy

@AZSneed. Omg. Yes!!!!!! Thanks so much. You're a life saver. I wonder if there are different versions since the one low res image we have has red dragons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad I can help. There are a few different ones, and will post as I finish. Here is one.

Attachments

• 4 0f Clubs.jpg
    4 0f Clubs.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 90
Apparently they will be selling everything they did not have the chance to during the Harry Potter saga.

They have full wand permit kits for £19.95

M2unsvG.jpg

This gorgeous Obscurus writing set is definitely one of my favorites

8VLkW5L.jpg

JNgMcKO.jpg

I wonder if it will actually be featured on the film as a prop...

Last edited:
wow you all are awesome! great sharing, finds and all.

@Follows, this is an awesome find. i have looked for it for a while and definately thought it was custom made and now we have chance to creat the prop. and here i share the booklet pages:

14787652_291265834600139_778540304_o.jpg14800037_291265831266806_1836733755_o.jpg

possibly there are other pages but for these, we have all the fonts.

@AZSneed, thats an amazing job! i cant think of having the full set even. you are great! im sure you and Joma will make a great team on these cards.

@TheGalahadSP, thank you for sharing these photos. they will be great reference. this is the third issue that i have seen of transfiguration today until now. would be great to see your work here also.

@nurmengard, wow they are certainly great pieces. thanks for sharing!

btw signs on these posters could be useful later.

pattern fantastic beasts.jpg009.jpgCv8nTjlXYAIHqRF.jpg large.jpgpattern fantastic beasts  magical symbols.jpg007.jpg

Last edited:
TheGalahadSP, Excellent photos, thanks so much for them!

nurmengard, thanks for the links and pictures. I noticed that the wand envelope pictured is not right, at least for sure of the lower flap is missing.

lynx0099, thanks for the New Salemer prop pictures and posters. The MACUSA and NS posters are also 30 inch by 50 inch banners that are now on sale.

My internet is gone for not even a day... what happen here.. so geeking out over here! Freaking awesome props..
althought alot of spoilers for the paris exhibition :(

Spoiler? What about the trailers and clips Warner is releasing! Already spoiled some surprises for me, so it ain't as bad as you think.:)

AZSneed, wow i log in and immediately see another great job there!!! this project is going awesome :thumbsup and of course thanks for sharing them.

It is worth mentioning that "Thou shalt not" alphabet wasn't done digitally but on paper and then printed onto fabric ;)
Also Voges Quills is in fact ad from the magazines.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back