Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... paper thread

Drumroll please............ ******FOUND THE MAP******:

eastern-england-isle-of-ely-shown-as-a-separate-county.-kesteven-c-1924-map-303789-p.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GDH6UJE?m=A2R3RFFQOP1EI9&ref_=v_sp_detail_page

The map is from 1924. Cut-up versions of the map can also be found on pg 26 in A Citizen's Atlas by John Bartholomew (1912 edition), but the big crease line in the middle makes it impossible to stitch 2 pages together digitally :(: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=dul1.ark:/13960/t2n60zb3t;view=1up;seq=49

Well it looks like I'm going to be searching to get an original 1924 map in the next couple of weeks :devil

Last edited:
w00t :eek

I wonder if, over the next few weeks, antique map collectors will be scratching their heads as to the sudden interest in a particular map

"'ere Mabel, that was another bloke on the phone. Wanting to know if I had a 1924 map of England by John Bartholomew. Odd that, fifth one this week! He was also asking about British passports, circa 1920. Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs!"

It's unlikely, unless they feature prominently, but I hope they don't go the way of the Graflex 3-cel flashgun, and suddenly shoot up in price

I found this map from 1926, the World at the time of Newt's travels.

Attachments

• world of europe 1926.gif
    world of europe 1926.gif
    59.3 KB · Views: 146
Since I know for sure that the clock is 2-3/4" in diameter, I was able to scale other objects shown inside the case. Since the map is at a slight angle, it's probably closer to 3-1/2" wide.
attachment.php

My question is, in the upper left hand corner, above the binoculars, appears to be perhaps a small cardboard box with a postage stamp, then an I-Phone in a pink case, on top of which is a hand written note. Can someone discern what's written on that note?

ATL

Attachments

• Internal dimensions.PNG
    Internal dimensions.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,517
i HIGHLY doubt it's an iphone. It looks rather small and somewhat rectangular
Internal dimensions.PNG

Since I know for sure that the clock is 2-3/4" in diameter, I was able to scale other objects shown inside the case. Since the map is at a slight angle, it's probably closer to 3-1/2" wide.
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=658475&d=1472304800

My question is, in the upper left hand corner, above the binoculars, appears to be perhaps a small cardboard box with a postage stamp, then an I-Phone in a pink case, on top of which is a hand written note. Can someone discern what's written on that note?

ATL

well you guys.....considering the movie takes place in 1920's i really doubt its an iphone as well!!!

think about it....LOL:facepalm

Well. I was just being nice and didn't want to sound or come off rude lol but yes. My thoughts exactly. Newt Scamander the time bandit. #teamiphone

Sent from my iPhone using Tap

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back