My Prop collection

Your sterlings are fantastic. I live in California, so even if I find a deac in the area the magazine is still illegal to own... Kind of ridiculous.

Thanks. Even when the mags are cut down, without their internals, and maybe welded into the receiver? So it can never be reloaded?

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said on the other threads great collection. I love the Sterlings!

Everyone loves Sterlings, didn´t they? :D

The law is no magazines over ten rounds, so it would be fine if it was cut down... but to make a cut down mag I'd have to find a big one first which can't get shipped here.

I have an MGC Sterling which has the muzzle modified to look like an L2A3 that will one day be my own mutant E-11, but I can't bring myself to chop that mag... They're too rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The law is no magazines over ten rounds, so it would be fine if it was cut down... but to make a cut down mag I'd have to find a big one first which can't get shipped here.

I have an MGC Sterling which has the muzzle modified to look like an L2A3 that will one day be my own mutant E-11, but I can't bring myself to chop that mag... They're too rare.

Why not buy the base Sterling from Unique Canes or IMA since both are in US? Or is your state having different gun laws?

Or buy a long mag (maybe here in Germany or UK, or whereever you can find one) and have a friend/RPFer cut it down and send it to you?

I could do that, and i´m sure other guys in other areas would do that for you, too.

May you show a pic of that modded muzzle, please? I can´t imagine it.

Due to a nice member who sent me a kit lambowheel and a casted resin controlbox i now have most of the needed parts to build a Yodasaber from my Bolsey.

20160429_143330_zps8hk45b0k.jpg

As it´s no Praco i´m not completely bound to screenaccuracy - but i´m a little bit unsure how to handle this build.

Adding the parts and call it a day? Or remake the bottom cap, swap the stepped button and the upper hole on the other side to make it look like a Praco? Or make it a Praco lookalike and add my own taste (like using the halfround slotted screw from the topplate instead of the original sunken one, adding little screws in the top holes).

Checked the technical datas on some sides manufacturing/selling 4-40 Pem nuts, the drawing is the standadized size in mm. Btw. anyone here has a idea where to find the PEM nuts in small quantities, prefered here in Germany?

Additional it would be great if someone with a real Praco and a caliper could help with the dimensions of the drilled brass bolt that´s holding the clamp. :)

Another thing i got this week:

20160429_140358_zpsjn3ynec9.jpg

It´s front and rearsight are damaged:

20160429_140534_zps48eskxst.jpg

But that´s nothing i care for, as i wanted this piece:

20160429_140604_zpsvhbnxnbq.jpg

I have machined some of them for me and others, but this is gun has the correct real part.

No idea why, but these things are getting more and more in numbers (i should have another one somewhere, but have no idea where it is):

20160429_142133_zpsgqcfq3z3.jpg

One movie version done, another movie one i know of (side-blades crossed on frontend), one could be made like Kanan Jarrus blaster - not sure what to do with the others.

New stuff that came in this week. :cool

First a big thanks to Tom. He helped me out with some PEM nuts for my Yoda saber (and obvisiously for some other builds, too) :thumbsup

20160511_174932_zpssvm0wlni.jpg

Also my last order from Roy came in - a set t-tracks for one of my Sterlings/E-11, a set t-tracks for a Graflex, and 3 MPP shrouds with small parts.

20160511_175404_zpstiknvgog.jpg

After seeing the shrouds and their paint i completely understand Roy no longer wanting to offer them - painting seems to be a real pain.

And my last needed Paterson Trident viever has come in, now i have all six to make a detention cam. :D

20160511_175033_zpsdxose6ms.jpg

20160511_175049_zpskiv5pw9z.jpg

The disassembled rifle you see on the pics is my old Mauser. It was stored by my dad in his garage since i moved out some decades ago - so it has some rust when i picked it up at my last visit there. No great condition, but not that bad to throw it away. Might give a nice Jawa type gun after i cut it.

Today i got a letter from the customs office to pick up a parcel (and pay taxes and fees, off course) - i drove there and a BBB has arrived. :D

Lads and lasses, i´m happy to present ..... my CS:R skins

20160525_181700_zpscr0p8yzb.jpg

20160525_181642_zpsnlkkrp8b.jpg

After the dome it´s only my second part for a R2, but it´s a start. :)

Last edited:
Did customs know what they were? I always wonder what they think. I'd imagine it makes for a more exciting day than they're used to.

Most customs officer here know me and my never boring parcels. And some of them have really fun listening to what it is and what it was used for.:cool

While i was opening my parcel today another officer came in and asked me smiling "What´s this time?" Turns to his co-officer that was preparing my papers "He already had a bowcaster, some guns, tank and airplane parts,alot camera equipment ....." I didn´t even knew i was observed by them that close.:lol

beautiful skins!

Sounds good. ;)

You are more experienced with droids than me and know that better - i only know that they are CS:R skins from Philips/Rebelscums actual run. I just can hope that at the end a decent R2 will come out.:)

The not so funny part is the additional costs for me here in Germany (probably all the same for the whole EU) - adding 95$ for shipping and around 100$ for custom fees and tax on top of their retail price of 275$ makes ordering this stuff from the US a little bit less fun. US buyers have a great advantage there.

Most customs officer here know me and my never boring parcels. And some of them have really fun listening to what it is and what it was used for.:cool

While i was opening my parcel today another officer came in and asked me smiling "What´s this time?" Turns to his co-officer that was preparing my papers "He already had a bowcaster, some guns, tank and airplane parts,alot camera equipment ....." I didn´t even knew i was observed by them that close.:lol

First off, amazing collection and work!

I rememberd as Adam Savage told on Tested he was called by FBI Bomb squad exper as he recorded on someones phone he is making a termal detonator.
And you alredy have guns, airplane parts and a god deam Tank!! Better chech if some agents don't snoop around :lol:lol

Do you need a license in Germany for deactivated guns? I would love to make E-11 out of actual seterling but biurocracy whit licenes ect. is too much.

And you alredy have guns, airplane parts and a god deam Tank!! Better chech if some agents don't snoop around :lol:lol

Do you need a license in Germany for deactivated guns? I would love to make E-11 out of actual seterling but biurocracy whit licenes ect. is too much.

They love the stories, some generic SW fans there (not the fanatic kind, more the "normal" ones" - and each time they ask what part it is, what it was used for. All the stuff we all here know, but are fascinating to the generic SW fan. :)

No license is needed, the deaced gun just has to fit the laws and regulations.

I have to admit it is nice to work with someone who is intrested in what you do or at least is able to stand the expenation what you need some part for and why it have to be like that.

That is nice. We have to have a licens for "colectors weapon" and if you have that one you can not have actual gun license. I was even looking at airsoft replica but that is aroud 600,00$ just for a replica. No hand made series number:lol
And If I would have 1918 Le Enfield I doubd I would be able to cut it...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back