Jakks 19" Repaints of Supes, Bats, WW, armored Bats and repainted NECA Bats

vaderbreath

Sr Member
So, here is a pic of them right off the shelf (this isn't my personal pic, but it shows just how they looked originally):

And here are my repaints:

These were so much fun to repaint. the sculpts are really quite good-especially Batman. Just a little work, and they look pretty good.

Last edited:
Re: Jakks Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman 19" Repaints

Debating doing the armored bat, but I don't care for the pose. Plus, these aren't exactly small...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That vid helped. I used shoe dye to do bats and superman. It dries flat, so no gloss. I approached batman's face a little differently than Chris because I have my own approach. But that video inspired a lot of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my latest:
image_67.jpg

image_66.jpg

image_62.jpg

image_64.jpg

Re: Jakks Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman 19" Repaints-added Armored Batman

Okay, so I did a repaint of the face and touched up the suit. I'm really happy with this figure. No face mods-just didn't feel like putting in the effort.

image_72.jpg

image_71.jpg

Nothing like looking tough on the kitchen counter!
image_74.jpg

The camera doesn't pick up the highlights on the suit...looks much better in person.

Here's another showing the repainted face and suit...The camera doesn't pick up the highlights on the suit...looks much better in person.

image_75.jpg

This figure, maybe more than most, really does look better in hand. With a little work, I think it's a pretty awesome piece.

Re: Jakks 19" Repaints of Supes, Bats, WW, armored Bats and repainted NECA Bats

I repainted the face and sprayed dull finish on it. Then used blue/black/gray pastels for the shadow, followed by a .005 pen to do individual stubble. When done, I sprayed it again to seal it.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back