Arrow Season 1 Bow Question

Angels88

Could I use the Ragim Matrix Jr. 58" Takedown Recurve, instead of the Ragim Matrix 48" Takedown Recurve to make the bow? I plan on shooting I after I complete it and the 48" is too small. The 58" will still be a tad bit small, but not by much. Thanks

You could, but it would be inaccurate to the show and would look the wrong length. On the other hand, assuming you're planning on taking this to a con (?) to the casual observer the bow would look the same, as long as it was black limbed, so I think it's up to you really, whether you want to compromise 100% accuracy or functionality. Bear in mind that the risers (handles) of the two bows are very different, with the 58" having bulky limb pockets, inserts and a different shape from the 48" version, so if you are planning to customise the riser as in the show it will look different and proportions will be different from the actual prop.

I've seen in past threads that there is no mention of takedown in the ragim Bow people mention. Is a 48" ragim takedown good to use? Or are they the same thing?

I've seen in past threads that there is no mention of takedown in the ragim Bow people mention. Is a 48" ragim takedown good to use? Or are they the same thing?
The Ragim 48" takedown is the one to get for the TV season one bow. I just finished mine minus some minor fixes.

Not to confuse the question but a larger takedown was used for the Entertainment Weekly magazine cover. It is a cool looking bow but with burled wood, not the burned symbols, and custom brass fittings.
The Propmaster that built the magazine bow is a member here.

Cool. Since the ragim without takedown in the title isn't available on amazon but the ragim takedown48" is. I was just checking if it was the same thing or different

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back