SDCC 2016 Hotels - How did it go for you?

Room8

New system this year with the waiting room. It was less frustrating and stressful for sure, but only time will tell if I got any of my hotel choices. I think my page opened up around 9:07 a.m., or so. What I do like is that once you are on the page to register, the order that your registration is received is based on when it opened up for you, not when you submitted it. Crossing my fingers. Anybody else want to share their experience?

I live here in San Diego, but I was thinking this year of getting a hotel but looks like its too late. I love about 20 mins from the Con and it sucks having to leave so early to beat traffic and find parking etc. It is of course cheaper. Are you going all four days?

Took me about 10 minutes, and I filled it out in less than a minute. Really hoping I or someone in my group can get at least one of the hotels of our choice. I usually have the worst luck of the group.

Well, not good for now.

Part of my group got hotels in Mission Valley. And the remaining members including myself have yet to get any email.

got in to the form by 9:02 and submitted by 9:03 and got none of my top 6 choices. Was given a mission valley hotel and am very disappointed. Read some getting in much later getting their downton picks.

I'm not sure what time we submitted but it was early as well. We got 0 of 6 as well and are waitlisted. I got lucky and landed a room at Candlewood Suites in the Gas Light about 6 blocks away a couple of months ago but we were hoping to get something close since my wife is in a wheel chair.

The waitlist email for June 1st said to check your email for the next 10 days. As of today, I haven't received an email. Still crossing my fingers for a room. Anyone else that was on the waitlist get an email in the last few days securing a room?

Received the waitlist email today. Luckily, I was able to get a hotel at the Hotel Circle/Mission Valley area. While I would have liked to have been downtown, it's still better than nothing. It also helps that the shuttles now run nonstop throughout the day and night. Hope the rest of you that were on the waitlist got something.

I received the wait list email as well. Nothing available was closer than a room I score outside of the system a few months ago.

Just got the wait list email myself. My girlfriend and I managed to get a room, finally. Not really the one we wanted but at least we've got a room.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back