OldBones Modular Mask/Helmet

Silesky

Hello, I wanted to share some of the process of making a mask/helmet for some kind of a wastelander character I named Old Bones, I hope you like it.

Headform Build up.
The headform is a bit small, so, to accommodate a wider range of people, is better to "inflate" the features. I used Monsterclay for this.
Headform_Build_Up.jpg

Magic sculpt sculpture. Over the Monsterclay I made the rough sculpture with Magic sculpt, it is not necessary to detail it very much, it can be done later with a dremel.
Sculpting.jpg

Face plate modeling and detailing. Then I did a removable faceplate, attached the horns and detailed the whole mask.
Faceplate_Detailing.jpg

Painting and separating.
Painted the mask trying to get an old bone look, and separated the mouth piece to make it removable.
Painting_Separating.jpg

Leather work and finishing.
Installed some leather straps to secure the parts together, some padding in the interior and fabric to cover the neck.
Leatherwork_Finishing.jpg

Test Drive...
Just that.
Test_Drive.jpg

Such a clean execution, fantastic work man, love the paint!
I'm not familiar with magic sculpt, what's it like to work with it? Is the final product light weight? is it easy to carve into?

Such a clean execution, fantastic work man, love the paint!
I'm not familiar with magic sculpt, what's it like to work with it? Is the final product light weight? is it easy to carve into?

Hello! Thank's for your comment!, This was my first with the material, but I love it! The thing is very tacky but just rub some water on the surface and it smooths and removes the tackiness. Is not super light but neither is too heavy. Is great for carving with a dremel, may be too hard to carve by hand.

Oh and it is very easy to sand!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back