Batman V Superman "F U Superman" Armor (cardboard) WIP

Alfr3do911

I recently started working on the Batman armor from Dawn of Justice, I am working with only paper, cardboard, a few pencils, scissors/exacto blade, and hot glue (for now)
so far I have the cardboard portion of the helmet complete, however I am putting the project to a halt because my main priority is to sell this to someone, in which case I'd like to know what the person is looking for due to the fact that I have a few options on how to proceed with the armor.

Option 1: Coat the helmet with carbon fiber (this option would be utterly expensive and require precision, which means that I'd only go with this for the right price)
Option 2: Coat helmet and entire armor with paper mache, specifically flour mixed with water because according to what I've read the end result comes as hard as the material used for most houses.
Option three, produce various armors and masks and sell them without coating so that the buyer may be able to customize and coat in his own way, because I really like the idea of providing an experience to people rather than just giving them an entire costume, I think there's much more meaning to being able to do things your own way and I'd honestly love to help people reach such accomplishments.

I made this post to ask for advice, a bit of guidance, and who knows, maybe one of you guys really likes my work and you'll be my first customer, anything's possible really and I'm here to find and welcome all possibilities

12321439_10208779608550390_5388384480426711206_n.jpg12472775_10208813270471917_512265443535717177_n.jpg12931031_10208813260391665_1283392809103797213_n.jpg12932606_10208813260431666_6027153605686084079_n.jpg12928209_10208813260471667_4287596399990876215_n.jpg12936597_10208813267471842_6624850682362124224_n.jpg

Here's a link to the video with the links to the armor files I traced by MasterMod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe_qydWAQNw

Link for Helmet file http://www.mediafire.com/download/agelzxuu73wn2nq/Batman_Armored_Helmet_E60flip_FOAM.pdo
The pepakura file I used for the helmet was made by user E60flip345

p.s. this isn't the account I'm going to use permanently, the RPF doesn't let me finish activating my account because I share this computer with someone else and quite frankly I spent to much time on this to go to bed with no sense of accomplishment over something so trivial.
My personal account will be @TanzaKnight

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Batman V Superman "F U Superman" Armor (cardboard) WIP

As an FYI to sell things on this site you need to purchase a Premium Membership and post in the Project Run or Junkyard subforum. Also using a cheap and mediocre material like cardboard and then covering it with something absurdly expensive like Carbon Fiber makes little to no sense.

Paper mache could work though it would be nearly impossible to make it smooth and give it a food finish. If it's too wet it could also make the cardboard soggy and lose the helmet shape.

If you're looking to make a nice product I'd suggest thinner cardboard covered with rondo and properly sanded.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Re: Batman V Superman "F U Superman" Armor (cardboard) WIP

As an FYI to sell things on this site you need to purchase a Premium Membership and post in the Project Run or Junkyard subforum. Also using a cheap and mediocre material like cardboard and then covering it with something absurdly expensive like Carbon Fiber makes little to no sense.

Paper mache could work though it would be nearly impossible to make it smooth and give it a food finish. If it's too wet it could also make the cardboard soggy and lose the helmet shape.

If you're looking to make a nice product I'd suggest thinner cardboard covered with rondo and properly sanded.

I'm using cardboard because I am broke, I'm not trying to sell on this website, I'm trying to leverage myself with this website since it's full of experienced people and this is the closest I've ever come to having a passion, but honestly if cardboard is that mediocre of a material to use I guess I give up. How can I delete this whole thread ?

I figured you might be trying to sell elsewhere, and that's fine, just informing you of these rules. Pepakura can make absolutely beautiful things and cardboard can certainly be used. That Batman helmet is fairly angular so thicker cardboard can probably accomplish it just fine but I'd use thinner cardboard or foam on places with major curves. We all understand costuming is quite expensive and materials are often hard to come by. There is no reason for you to not use cardboard just know it limits your market.

you're welcome for the files!!! i am working on screen accurate ones! still modeling at the moment, they will not be free though.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back