Grant McCune Design closed :(

cylon

Sadly one of the most groundbreaking model shops in history closed at the beginning of March 2016. Famous for movies like Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica and many other GMD, formerly ILM and Apogee changed the landscape of visual effects more than 30 years ago with incredible special effects and miniatures. A great lost.
Fortunately I was able to grab some original model cars from Daylight in a recent auction. All the items of shop are or will be sold to private collectors. The last remains of this historical visual effects company.

God has it already been 6 years?! It's sad to see GMD close. There has been an effects shop in that space for the past 42ish years. Although GMD hasn't really done movie work in a long time. Still sad to see them close. I was hoping they would have a big garage sale, but it didn't happen.

Those are some pretty serious allegations, and as such, they need to be *proven.* Not everything that you read online is automatically true.

I've also heard allegations that the widow is not such a great person and was running that company into the ground.

Just sayin'.

It's a bad deal all around :unsure

Seems like every time an owner dies and the family takes over things go badly like this, Boyd Cottington had the same situation after he died. The family and employees all went stupid and argued and nobody really came out on top. It might be hard for his family to prove though. Sadly the fact that the wife might not have taken the care she should have happened here locally. A plastic factory that had major contracts went under after the daughter too over and used it as a side business, she didn't care if if failed or not as she blamed it for her dad's heart attack at a fairly young age.

Well yeah Dirty deeds done dirt cheap is meant to encompass BOTH parties. ;)

SOMEone has some splaining to do!

Those are some pretty serious allegations, and as such, they need to be *proven.* Not everything that you read online is automatically true.

I've also heard allegations that the widow is not such a great person and was running that company into the ground.

Just sayin'.

It's a bad deal all around :unsure

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back