Installing a zipper into cowls...

RiotJavelinDX

Sr Member
In short, how does one do this? Unsure of the ideal zipper tip and how to install it. Seems much too thick using traditional sewing (plus perforating rubber...yikes). Do you need a super glue?

Any help, photos, videos, etc are appreciated

You're referring to a costume cowl like a Batman one? I just received a Batman Forever style cowl and its a PITA to put on. If I'm not careful I could rip one of my ears off trying to squeeze my head into and out of it. I'll probably get a balaclava to wear to secure my ears close.

If it was done well enough from the base of the neck up the back of my head I think a Zipper could work well. That or velcro.

bump to hear other suggestions

I can confirm Iggy's method works GREAT!!

That's exactly what I did to my RF and I'll do to my Zoom (when I find the time)... And as pointed out It's "Tv show/screen accurate" to have the zipper on Flash, RF, & Zoom cowls from the CW show.

IMG_20160406_130426814.jpg
IMG_20160406_130419805.jpg
IMG_20160406_130415547.jpg
IMG_20160406_130409495.jpg

Hello! i have the exact same cowl! i was wondering which glue did you use and does it matter? i have the original gorilla glue or is using gorilla super glue is better?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back