My Quantum Leap Handlink Replica

Marlin2000

Hi,
I thought you might like to see a prop that i have been working on for awhile. Its one of the 'Gummi bear' handlinks from the tv show Quantum Leap. I worked from the images of a screen used handlink that Mycroft Holmes kindly posted awhile back.
I have yet to figure out how to replicate the larger LED lightbars and also locate the correct model of on/off switch. I still have a way to go and although its not 100% accurate i think it looks ok so far.

Marlin.

Thanks for the kind words guys. This is the third prop that i've made since getting into replica prop making. Its a prop that i've always wanted to build.

Marlin.

Wow- Most impressive- As an outside observer, it doesn't look like you have too far to go and it looks pretty accurate to me-

kudos man-

Doc

I like it!

I have always wanted one of these. It would be awesome if you could add lights and sound. The weird noises it made when Al would hit it where great.

I am hoping to fit electronics but i think i'll have to have the circuit custom made. I have reasonable electronic skills but wiring up this many LEDs looks like a tough job. I've searched for the Michaels t-shirt flasher circuit that was used as part of the original electronics but have not been able to find it so far.
I'm not sure about sound as yet as space is very tight. If its possible to fit it in then i would like too but i would be happy with just the flashing LEDs:)

Marlin.

Although I only saw the TV series more than 10 years ago, and with so many random flashing lights (I could be wrong) I think you could wire the LEDs to an EPROM. Get an IC to count the addresses and then output them to the LEDs. The data in the EPROM would be "random" enough.

I am not sure about this but at one time, I did see something like a handlink but through its transparent casing, a big chip looked like an EPROM.

I tried it last time: EPROM

Hi,
I thought you might like to see a prop that i have been working on for awhile. Its one of the 'Gummi bear' handlinks from the tv show Quantum Leap. I worked from the images of a screen used handlink that Mycroft Holmes kindly posted awhile back.
I have yet to figure out how to replicate the larger LED lightbars and also locate the correct model of on/off switch. I still have a way to go and although its not 100% accurate i think it looks ok so far.

Marlin.
excellent work!!! i have heard of the pics you are referring to from Mycroft Holmes, but have NEVER seen them. can you send them to me, share them with me? you have truely outdone yourself!!! my email is halocat76@gmail.com thanks to anyone in advance! there is SOOOO much talent here, im glad i found this site....now if i can figure out how to show my pics...

Funky Jedi
I didn't even notice it was an older thread. On of Marlin 2000 post said he was getting electronics. I have a circut board for mine. It is just not instaalled. I did do one with the same electronis with Droidboy for a fan film. Just didn't finish mine.
Mark

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back