life size slimer

it looks really cool, I'm curious to see his back side, if they are going to go all accurate with his bare butt or if they will sensor it. I'm also curious to see how it is mounted.. poll that screws into him with a stand, is the bottom of him flat so he can sit on a table.. these are the selling points for me

i can't drop 600 bucks if it has a flat bottom and no butt crack lol

91lbs must be a typo. do u not like the idea of it being made out of foam rubber?

No, not really. Look at all the masks, props and replicas made out of foam rubber and latex. E.g. the illusive concepts Yoda. Breaking down after a few years. I know that material quality and especially longevity has improved over the years, But I doubt that it will have a life span of more than a couple of years.

No, not really. Look at all the masks, props and replicas made out of foam rubber and latex. E.g. the illusive concepts Yoda. Breaking down after a few years. I know that material quality and especially longevity has improved over the years, But I doubt that it will have a life span of more than a couple of years.

I agree. The price is decent, but the foam can breakdown in a couple years.
I do happen to know that there is a studio mold cast, fully painted coming out soon and it is cast in fiberglass and includes a floor stand. It will no doubt be more expensive but it will last a lot longer.

i seriously considered this when it was announced at toy fair, but being that its foam means its a temporary purchase and kind of bums me out. Would have love to get this, but I just read that HG collectibles are offering there very own version made of fibgerglass.

they even said on their site "unlike other replicas made of foam etc, this won't deteriorate" lol but at 1100$ its a big step up that the foam version. :-/

i seriously considered this when it was announced at toy fair, but being that its foam means its a temporary purchase and kind of bums me out. Would have love to get this, but I just read that HG collectibles are offering there very own version made of fibgerglass.

they even said on their site "unlike other replicas made of foam etc, this won't deteriorate" lol but at 1100$ its a big step up that the foam version. :-/
I was actually told it was going to be cheaper than that... They must have changed their mind :lol

thanks for all the advice guys. 600 bucks for a foam cast that won't last forever doesn't seem like a good investment to me. I'm curious about the fiberglass ones.

thanks for all the advice guys. 600 bucks for a foam cast that won't last forever doesn't seem like a good investment to me. I'm curious about the fiberglass ones.

The fiberglass one is awesome, trust me. It was cast from Steve Johnson's XFX studios molds that he created for the original film.
It is sturdy, built to last and comes with a base and pole to attach and display it. True there is quite a price difference to the Neca version, but it is more of a museum quality piece. Don't get me wrong though, BOTH pieces do look great and it is nice that there is a version that allows those who cannot afford such a high ticket price, to still have one.

The fiberglass one is awesome, trust me. It was cast from Steve Johnson's XFX studios molds that he created for the original film.
It is sturdy, built to last and comes with a base and pole to attach and display it. True there is quite a price difference to the Neca version, but it is more of a museum quality piece. Don't get me wrong though, BOTH pieces do look great and it is nice that there is a version that allows those who cannot afford such a high ticket price, to still have one.

no i totally understand the price increase. and i can respect it, to me it was hard trying to invest 600 bucks into a 1:1 slimer anyway... now this is totally out of my price range.

no i totally understand the price increase. and i can respect it, to me it was hard trying to invest 600 bucks into a 1:1 slimer anyway... now this is totally out of my price range.

I hear ya! It is out of my price range as well. I won't be owning one either although I would love to.

If that NECA one is the same quality as their action figures it'll fall apart coming out of the box, I've never had so much bad luck with one company back when I collected.

Ugh!!!! Yep!
We just launched this morning. Talk about a HUGE surprise to see the Neca one on the exact day we are launching!!!!!
Sony never mentioned that when the deal was struck!:(

How long will the HCG one be around for pre order?

that would be one tempting pre order. the other one is priced better...but i'm concerned about durability now.

How long will the HCG one be around for pre order?

that would be one tempting pre order. the other one is priced better...but i'm concerned about durability now.

Not sure. We have almost sold out of the exclusive version today, and that was 50 pieces. We still have 250 of the regular version to sell. But at this pace, I would say they may be sold out in a week or two.

the fiberglass one sold out that fast?

I may have to do the payment option.. hell, I bought the anovos darth vader, and that was far more expensive

HCGis one of those orders that dosn't charge till it ships, right? any idea on shipping month? got so much around here Imight have missed that info.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back