props and moving

terezi413

Heyo, I recently found out I'm moving, and I've got huge, fragile props. What's the best way to go about this?
(they can't be disassembled)

How fragile are we talking, and what are we talking about? It's hard to imagine a huge, fragile prop, since most things of a larger size need to be of at lease a somewhat tough material if only to support its own size/weight. If you give us more of an idea on what it is exactly you are trying to pack up, we can probably give you some better suggestions. (As an example: my recommendations for transporting a replica mirror from Snow White and the Huntsman would be very different than recommendations for transporting a life-sized stuffed-but-brittle Chewbacca mannequin.)

The best way to do it is construct custom wooden crates for them, built specifically to support their shape.

Maybe posting some pictures of your collection may help. A better advice on the packing or maybe someone may have the original packing and shipping box of the same collection can lend you theirs for this moving.

Maybe posting some pictures of your collection may help. A better advice on the packing or maybe someone may have the original packing and shipping box of the same collection can lend you theirs for this moving.

Yes, always keep your boxes. I just found out I'm going to be moving, but we kept boxes for fragile items and can just repack them in the same boxes, with the same packing, that they came in. It's always handy.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back