007 Lotus submarine scratch build

Mr Danger

I Finished my Moonraker project and now I'm working on the Lotus submarine. Here are some pictures of the process. Still have some details to do, lights, logos, paint stripes etc. Everything is made with simple methods and tools, nothing fancy here.

Moonraker build.pngPic2.jpgPic3.jpgPic4.jpgLotus Submarine Build 5.jpgPic6.jpgPic7.jpgLotus Build 8.jpgLotus Submarine build9.jpg

Thank you guys! The material is polystyrene foam. I don't know if there is some other name for it? We often use for house isolation in Finland. Here is a starting point picture and one from today. I made the side fins a bit smaller and painted the stripes.1507079_10153628511153655_4673100366423183628_n.jpgLotus Submarine Build.jpg

Lotus Submarine Build.jpg

1507079_10153628511153655_4673100366423183628_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys! The material is polystyrene foam. I don't know if there is some other name for it? We often use for house isolation in Finland. Here is a starting point picture and one from today. I made the side fins a bit smaller and painted the stripes.View attachment 607691View attachment 607690
VERY impressive work!

I see how you made the basic shape, but how do you get the surface finish smooth and how do you create the clean lines and complex bends/angles? Again this is absolutely amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Then it's basically just filler and sandpapering all night long : ) And painting. I'm still learning and testing. The materials are perhaps not the best for making super detailed forms, but I simplify where needed. I also really don't have a place to do wood or metal work, so I choose materials that I can work on in the living room.

Then I also use foam board/core (It's called something like that I think...).Botskin.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back