Limited Run Parts for Y-Wing Armature - 2nd RUN

DaveG

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Due to high demand, a second (limited) run of armature parts is in the works. Unfortunately, due to increases in laser cutting costs I have had to increase the price a little.

This is for a limited run of the non-3D printed components for my composite Y-Wing Fighter armature. More information on this armature can be found in my Y-Wing build thread here:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=250459

What you get:
Laser cut CLEAR acrylic Tee Plate (note - thickness will be less than 1/4" as that's the way acrylic sheet is, it really does't matter)
Aluminum 3/4" x 1/2" C Channel Main Spar cut to length and drilled. YOU WILL NEED TO FILE THE CHAMFER CLEARANCE ON ONE END. IT'S EASY TO DO!
Aluminum 1/2" Tube Wing Spar cut to length. (If you want to run wiring through the spar you will need to drill a hole in the middle. Again, easy to do.
All the necessary nuts, bolts and (hard to find) small pattern washers for assembly.

The is for ONLY THE NON-3D PRINTED ARMATURE COMPONENTS! To complete the armature you will need to print, or have printed, the Mounting Block and Engine Nacelle Cores. Files for these parts are available for free online. See thread mentioned above for more information.

Price - $60 per set, plus $7.00 domestic (U.S.) shipping. International shipping will be quoted depending on location.

PAYMENT INFO - When the parts are ready I will send a PM with payment info.

All communications will be via this thread, except for quotes for international shipping charges. So make sure you're subscribed.

For those that don't want to 3D print or purchase the Nacelle Cores, I am now offering a less expensive laser cut alternative! Each core is comprised of 5 pieces of laser cut 1/4" clear acrylic. The parts can be glued together with either solvent cement or super glue and are functionally the same as the 3D printed cores. The laser cut cores attach to the armature Tee Plate the same way the printed ones and then Saturn V shells (not included) can be glued to the structure. Pictures of the laser cut cores have been posted on the build thread.

The cost for the laser cut nacelle cores is $49.50 per set of two and will be shipped along with the armature parts.

If you are interested send me a PM but do not send any payments until I let you know when the parts are ready.

Last edited:
Re: Parts for Y-Wing Armature

I'm interested. I never thought I'd be able to make a Y til now. Thanks for all the great stuff Dave!

You guy's are killing me here. Between the blockade runner and the y-wing. Color me interested also.

I'm still working on my Red Jammer but you can put me down as interested, thanks.

Thanks guys for the enthusiastic interest. The initial run will be capped at 15 sets. Interest in addition to the initial run will be waitlisted until there are another 15. Working out the costs now. Stay tuned!

Please read the new information including price and payment in the first post.

That's a very fair price. Done!!

Oh god - off the boards for eight months and the first *week* I'm back, I'm buying stuff. This is why I had to take a break, lol. It's a sickness! :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back