What comic should I get autographed by Stan Lee?

Casey2124

Hey guys. What comic should I get signed by Stan. One that will go up in value within the years. Tales of Suspense (First time Cap and Iron Man)graded at 5.0 (by comic book shop owner), Iron Man Demon incredibly good shape, Amazing Spider-Man 31 (First appearanceof Gwen and Harry): 2.5 (Graded by comic book shop worker)
TalesOfSuspense59MINE.jpg IronManDemonInABottleMINE.jpg Spiderman31MINE.jpg

Some 20 years back I met Stan Lee at a signing, and was rather disappointed that he didn't personalize, even with just your name. And it took him longer to say he didn't personalize than it would have for him to put it on there.

Obviously he signs thousands of items a year, but I know I would still have my piece if he had put my name on it, because it would have meant more to me than some "random" book (which I can't even remember the name of now) with just his name.

I know he helped "create" most the stuff out there, but I really don't see the value in just his name. Plus I would think he’d rather want to personalize as the percentage of those winding up on eBay, I would think, be considerably less.

Just my 2 cubits, FFIW.

Don't get any of them signed. Have him sign a plain white card. Then you can frame with whatever comic you want or a picture of Stan Lee.

None of them..... Don't ruin a pristine piece of comic book literature with someone's scrawl all over it. Keep it minty mint for better resale.:p

Who is your favorite character or comic?
Forget what it will be worth. Do it for the love of the literature and art and have it mean something to YOU that it was signed by Stan.

Not outside of the sentimental value, really. Even that's lost if you can't get him to personalize as mentioned above.

-Rylo

Is Stan's signature worth anything?

God knows he has signed thousands of memorabilia

For me, it would be amazing. Think if there was no Stan Lee? How much impact did one man have on so many lives? Its basically 80 percent of my childhood. I wish I could meet him, I dont think he is coming to SDCC this year, he is so old man. :(

Go with the Takes to Astonish. With Civil War out in May, this would be the book that would be current but vintage.

Go with the one in the worst shape. That way the value will balance out. Comic book buyers like their comics in good shape - autographs are generally considered damage - but a signed comic in bad condition will balance out.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back