Facehugger (warning contagion)

Thanks, yes- the nails are a nice touch..& thanks to SankaraRaiders build.. Here's his thread link for due respect
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=207748&highlight=Queen+alien

what l bought from Homebargains UK
794c1ca7bd0017ba63b00d178230c389_zpszyuizcwd.jpg

When I was a kid l tried making one from clay...it was abysmal....it's nice through many years later to make one well. I'd read that many had thought it tough to do (especially recasts) but l myself didn't....toughest parts for me were the colouring and weathering to a realistic cross of the movie prop...l'm going into more details later with pictures..and possible improvements. lm now wanting to do the ALIEN3 original Queen Facehugger embryo when l get my mitts on it ;-)

Still worth getting a Halcyon as many of the "stiff" vinyl recasts are way sub-scale - multi-gen shrinkage taks a toll, depending on how badly yours is affected you might find an original Halcyon kit is quite a surprise. The original vinyl is *very* floppy/flexible though - which is as much a bad thing as a good one.

Either way. Top-notch paint job. Nice work.

And thanks, I can say honestly that lve found no sub-scaling it would measure approx 44" if I'd not curved the tail & fingers to its position (photos of the tail later).

Did one of these years ago for a member, and it was hand down, bar none the most complicated thing I've painted, but very fun to do. Coincidentally, yours and the one I did have very similar color tones.

I feel your pain and applaud your results!

Now the fake nails is a really great idea! I built this in the 90s and the kit supplied nails were too soft and would bend over from the weight.

Cheers, after I filled as many parts with cotton wool I could l then joined the parts with Tamiya white putty, this stuffs perfect for the job & solid, l sanded the next day then washed it clean.
I added superglue to the joins here & there too!!! This is a solid model & lve no fear of it breaking...
Next was the base colour, l mixed Brown White Red Acrylics to a medium-deep rich brown then brush painted it, about 3 coats to make sure every part was throughly covered...
e0854a63711a5bc98f1a5fccdf999d34_zpsegcx6ohh.jpg

Last edited:
Did one of these years ago for a member, and it was hand down, bar none the most complicated thing I've painted, but very fun to do. Coincidentally, yours and the one I did have very similar color tones.

I feel your pain and applaud your results!
Yeah! It was new territory to me but researched as best l could & found it 50% preparation 45% paint & weathering... 5% fun with silk & gloss finishing....

If you mean the beginning set...yes... The eggs thing above is a toy joke thang...;-) lve still more to show professionally...

That is an incredible paint job. Geez, these will never cease to give me the heebie-jeebies.

Man I think I see the clitoris in the one pic. Lol....it's awfully vagina like if you ask me. But none the less awesome work.

Giger never gave it a vagina. He gave it a shlong and balls. The vag came with Cameron's crew.

Here's the answer to settle this...this is from my GIGERS ALIEN 1st edition lve had since it came out.... 1978 concepts... A bit of both gentital went on!!! He hated the Huggers 'Revision' at the time while filming....but lve always liked its development by the special effects crew in production. You'll remember that the 'tube' was show on Ashes X-ray scan in the movie, but never seen properly, suggesting it retracted itself after laying an egg in Kane...
794340814d40541f0b78b1ee0ce07e55_zpsrd0qtknx.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back