Mark 46 build 3D print

GREAT BUILD! good luck figuring out the mounting options not sure if magnets will be strong enough since plastic is heavier than eve foam. I've used magnets on my armor to be able to easily put on and off the front and back but that was eva foam

Could you please show me your back helmet magnet set up please it would ve really helpfull since im not able to figure it out im really visual

Envoyé de mon SM-G530W en utilisant Tapatalk

Looking great! Did your 3D files come with separate flaps?

I have the option to print the flaps seperatly. I think that would be easier than cutting them out afterwards.

Thanks for the comments guys:). The flaps were separate. But unfortunately they didn't exactly have good form and fit when I assembled. So I figure I would Bondo it all together. One thing I am considering is printing another set and scaling them up a bit so that I can put them right over the top.

Chest has been reassembled. Just need to figure how to put the chest and back together

Nice red tone
About the chest. You missed this section (unless it's intentional)
3ca0b0ee293ea4264075f42a26d842f0.jpg

As long as you have room to squeeze the ab section underneath the chest then I think the size looks great!

Looks great man! As Psicorp7 said, if you can fit the ab section underneath it should be good. Doesn't look like you have much room between your chest and the Iron Man chest though.

How much work did you have to do after printing to make everything smooth? Just a small amount of body filler?

They should add 2-3 inches of extensions to the upper abs part which goes under the chest so if you bend over or backwards, the abs part doesn't pop out of the chest part. It also hides skin underneath. While bending your torso.

Or like I did, I made the torso, abs and cod as 1 piece. I sacrifice a little bit of the mobility for looks.
BTW this is eva so the quality is not as good as yours
169ebd7242255adc5c3283915d2b9041.jpg

They should add 2-3 inches of extensions to the upper abs part which goes under the chest so if you bend over or backwards, the abs part doesn't pop out of the chest part. It also hides skin underneath. While bending your torso.

Or like I did, I made the torso, abs and cod as 1 piece. I sacrifice a little bit of the mobility for looks.
BTW this is eva so the quality is not as good as yours
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160418/169ebd7242255adc5c3283915d2b9041.jpg
Omg thats the most awesome eva foam Iron man I saw good job ! May I ask who made these files or you freehanded them ?

Omg thats the most awesome eva foam Iron man I saw good job ! May I ask who made these files or you freehanded them ?

Thanks Mark7, that is one awesome build. You need to share your light video on my tread. Love it. :) I printed some of the abs and hopefully I can work them in. The chest is a little tight around the sides but good thing about plastic, you can always use a heat gun and spread things out a bit.

Looks great man! As Psicorp7 said, if you can fit the ab section underneath it should be good. Doesn't look like you have much room between your chest and the Iron Man chest though.

How much work did you have to do after printing to make everything smooth? Just a small amount of body filler?

It is a little tight but hopefully it will work. There is another piece I need to print that actually goes underneath the chest but dont know if that is going to fit though. Will see as we go along. I wanted this to be a good form fit since the Mark 46 is a pretty sleek design,

I did a ton of priming, filling and sanding over and over until I got to a certain point I was satisfied before painting. Almost 4 days of filling (Bondo etc), sanding and priming (about 4 coats or primer or so).

Sounds tedious.

I also have an inner chest piece that can be printed. It seems to be there for perfect allignment, but I'm not sure if I will print it either. The spot were your arms need to fit through is very tight and looks like it just clears the armpits.

I think it will be a hassle. Maybe afterwards you can print it if necessary.

It is a little tight but hopefully it will work. There is another piece I need to print that actually goes underneath the chest but dont know if that is going to fit though. Will see as we go along. I wanted this to be a good form fit since the Mark 46 is a pretty sleek design,

I did a ton of priming, filling and sanding over and over until I got to a certain point I was satisfied before painting. Almost 4 days of filling (Bondo etc), sanding and priming (about 4 coats or primer or so).
Chest peice looks sweet buddy when you finally complete your cod peice you will find that the chest will sit more forward than is does now the cod peice squares everything up so you should fine [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think your right, I will probably wait till I have all the arms printed before I decide to print it. If anything I was thinking about slicing it up and just print the part to cover any open exposure like in the arm pit.

Sounds tedious.

I also have an inner chest piece that can be printed. It seems to be there for perfect allignment, but I'm not sure if I will print it either. The spot were your arms need to fit through is very tight and looks like it just clears the armpits.

I think it will be a hassle. Maybe afterwards you can print it if necessary.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back