Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

Sounds like the voice unit still blows goats. Expected, but unfortunate. Bucket still looks good, and with some filling and a repaint (tube stripes are a bit wonky, both on the box and the samples that have turned up -not awful, but could be tighter to better match the R1 look) this is looking like a really nice piece.

wish they placed the speakers in the mic tips and hid the battery compartment inside the helmet.
other than that, I'm glad Hasbro did a great job on their BS helmets and are selling well to get more different helmets made in the future.

But will still buy to repaint and not use the speaker system and cover the battery cover and speaker slots.

I am wondering if the issues like the visible battery panel and speakers that detract from accuracy are intentional in order to keep it from infringing on other companies prop and costume licenses.

I think it's just cost-cutting engineering. Keeps the parts count down. It would cost more money to make if they tried to hide a speaker in the grill, etc.

Most likely it's a combination of legal and safety. It's tough to put battery packs within the interiors of wearable items because if something goes wrong with the battery (are you listening Samsung?) you don't want to be trapped on the inside with it. It's a slim chance, but not a chance major manufacturers can take.

One thing that is great though; the design language of the battery pack & speaker are absolutely in-line with the design/aesthetic of the helmet. That goes a long ways. We are obviously more inclined to nitpick, but I doubt many others would assume the extra details were anything less than part of the original design. Given the task, I think the execution works really well with the rest of the helmet.

image.jpg

I ordered one a few weeks ago so not long now, I want to see a side by side with another lid I mean are we sure this is fully 1:1?

I ordered one a few weeks ago so not long now, I want to see a side by side with another lid I mean are we sure this is fully 1:1?

A friend on my facebook snagged one and took comparison pics with I believe an ATA (or similarly sourced TK helmet) and his FX. Oddly enough, it was probably slightly larger than the ATA helmet or just about the same

We are obviously more inclined to nitpick, but I doubt many others would assume the extra details were anything less than part of the original design. Given the task, I think the execution works really well with the rest of the helmet.

Others are also thinking the Rubies Plastic Vaderhelmets are screenacurate.They are wrong!:lol;)

I can't wait for mine to arrive on Friday. I want to weather but not sure to make it look dirty/worn/used or go for a sandtrooper type look.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back