Costumes that are spoilers? Yes, there will be spoilers...

joeranger

Sr Member
Has anyone questioned doing a costume that is a spoiler? I am going to do a Sw costume that is like Steve Martin arrow through the head...At this point, will anyone care? Has anyone ruined a movie because of their costume?

Attachments

• kylo.jpg
    kylo.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 374
I haven't exactly done a spoiler COSTUME per say, but at one point I made a 3D sculpt of titan Eren from Attack on Titan, and some people on the 3D forums I was posting on got upset because there might be people out there who still don't know that Eren can turn into a titan... Go figure. Seriously, there will always be overly sensitive people out there who will complain about anything and everything. Just go with whatever you want. At this point, most people who are interested in Star Wars will know what happened in The Force Awakens, so the risk of upsetting anyone is minimal.

I saw someone doing that same costume at Ohayocon, which was in January about a month after the movie was released, and I didn't hear about anyone getting mad about him spoiling it. I feel like at this point everyone who cares has either seen it or already been spoiled.

Well, it was fun, but I wouldn't do it again. I might post a separate thread on wearing a "Everybody, Look at me" costume. There was only one girl who had been waiting to see the movie with her brother who had not seen it. Everybody had an opinion. Several people got weepy, a lot of people shook their heads and said "too soon". Most people wanted a picture of them holding the lightsaber. I took it off for day 2 and checked it with my bag. Ironically, when security nixed my blaster for not having an orange tip, I swapped the blaster for the saber just too be a rebel;)
I probably won't wear it again to a con. It was a novelty and really did make some people sad. And they were the same people who I try to make happy with my Han Solo costumes.
1482880_10208948022477462_7680688773623576016_n.jpg

Love it! When Phantom Menace came out, my Halloween costume that year was Qui-Gon impaled by (*spoiler alert!*) Darth Maul's lightsaber -- but I just got a cheap toy one and slipped it through the side of my belt. Qui-Gon was just the one that came in a bag.

I wish I had photos.

Thanks. Would love to see the pic:)
People really love Han Solo which is why I felt bad about the costume. It's a real honor when people are timid or embarrassed to ask you for a picture. "Of course, I would be sad if people didn't"

I ran into you at C2E2. I thought your costume was great, but I could imagine some of the mixed reactions and bombardment of people wanting to take a photo. By the way here's the pic my friend took...

c2e2.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back