Imperial Guard Helm

Evad

First time poster on the RPF.

I have looked through a few different sources, various websites and any publications that I could get my hands on. So far I have come up barren in trying to source the color of any of the actual colors used to paint the Royal Guard Helmets in either the old or new trilogies. I prefer to find this particular color in a shake can, but I would settle for simply the actual shade of red used. If anyone out there knows the color used to paint those classic helmets, please get that information to me.

Thank you.

Image Reference:
authentic-imperial-guard-helmet.jpg

Wow, I completely forgot that I hadn't updated this topic. Thanks for all the suggestions. Here's how the visor came out.

Visorpaint2.jpgVisorpaint1.jpg

Wow ! That looks -king awsome!!!
Is that bucket 3d printed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No that is a custom cast by NME props. It's based off of their Death Stalker Large model, however I had commissioned them to actually redesign it for my purposes. That visor lifts up actually and rotates on the two ear caps on the side.

LeftSide.jpgLidUp.jpgLidUpFront.jpg

I don't actually know the shade of red, but it was a paint shop that did it for me. All the 501st said that for royal guard helmets, they take them to body shops or paint shops and have them done there. Apparently they have a much better turnout than using spray cans.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back