Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

The Fountain of Youth thing is the obvious answer for rebooting but staying in the "continuum", and hey, they already have a Young Han cast, just give him another pile of contracts for Indy movies.

The Fountain of Youth thing is the obvious answer for rebooting but staying in the "continuum", and hey, they already have a Young Han cast, just give him another pile of contracts for Indy movies.

While that would work I feel that a reboot would be a better way to go. Indy, in my opinion, works best in the period starting around the late '20s to the early '40s, the world just feels much smaller and less developed then. Large parts of Central and South America were still largely undeveloped and unexplored, same goes with Africa, so there's more room, so to speak, for Indy to have his adventures.

While that would work I feel that a reboot would be a better way to go. Indy, in my opinion, works best in the period starting around the late '20s to the early '40s, the world just feels much smaller and less developed then. Large parts of Central and South America were still largely undeveloped and unexplored, same goes with Africa, so there's more room, so to speak, for Indy to have his adventures.

Seconded. Plus, we could take the franchise in a different direction where Indy winds up working with the OSS Department of Paranormal and Supernatural Research or something in WWII.

I was sitting there thinking that there's no way they could replace Ford, but that might be the most brilliant idea ever! Either that or they're going to have his mind stuck in a different body somehow...

How have Superman's reboots been explained?

Batman?

Mad Max?

Spider-man?

They don't need to explain how Indy got rebooted. They probably won't.

They will probably pick some 26yo guy. He will look younger and be just coming off a series of teenager roles. They will start Indy over in the 1920s.

As long as the first reboot movie & first new actor aren't a total crapfest the audience will never think too much about it. Raiders will be a 40yo movie by then. Even Last Crusade will be 30 years old. Half their target audience won't even be old enough to remember KOTCS.

Last edited:
Have Dr. Jones teaching a class, some kid suspsects his teacher is a crazy adventurer, Jones politely denies it. The kid plans his own adventures looking for Indy. Real Indy calls him after the class is over, leans in and tells him: "I WAS Indiana... Now YOU are. Go get em, kiddo." And hands him his hat and whip. End of opening scenes, the rest is fresh with a classic feel.

Probably be best to just have Ford do flashback stuff. That way it is still "Indy" but with a younger actor.

Probably be best to just have Ford do flashback stuff. That way it is still "Indy" but with a younger actor.

That's exactly what they did in the young Indy chronicles in TV (but without Ford). And they failed. I don't think they would try it again.

If, for example, it is fountain of youth and a new younger actor appears who is then used for continuing flicks - to me, that is not a reboot. A recast, yeah, but not a reboot. Reboot to me is start from scratch.

Bale Batman to affleck = reboot
Tobey Spiderman to Next guy (can't think ofhis name right now) = reboot.
That guy to Holland -= reboot.

I wouldn't say Bond has been rebooted 5-6 times. Just once really, with Craig.

Ford transitioning to another actor who'll portray him linearly after that = not reboot.

Dakota Johnson is the star of 50 Shades of Grey
No way?!? Goes to show how writers make up the names of their characters.

Let me change the name of the movie to "Dakota Johnson and the Spear of Longinus" then...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

No way?!? Goes to show how writers make up the names of their characters.

Let me change the name of the movie to "Dakota Johnson and the Spear of Longinus" then... 

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

:lol it's the actress's ​name, the character is Anastasia Steele or something to that effect

Re: Indy 5 is a go!

Well at least the series won't end with Crystal Skull. How will they handle the Mutt situation? Off screen death?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back