Would a silicone face shell work out?

maffhewdc

Sr Member
Hey all! I'm thinking of making a silicone face shell for my Deadpool suit. The hood would go over the silicone face shell which will be cut off by the upper lip to allow some mouth movement, and then the hood would be glued/attached to the silicone face shell. Would that be a good idea? Will it conform the shape of the face nicely? I don't have any experience with silicone, so if anybody could help me out here, that'd be great :)

I remember reading about this once. People were saying it wasn't a great idea because it would get really hot. Also, it might defeat the purpose of a face shell, which is to provide structure, because it's flexible. But I'm no expert, I'm just going on memory. :)

I remember reading about this once. People were saying it wasn't a great idea because it would get really hot. Also, it might defeat the purpose of a face shell, which is to provide structure, because it's flexible. But I'm no expert, I'm just going on memory. :)

Thank you for your response. I was thinking that too, but who knows? Maybe it works out with a thicker application.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back