Weebo from "Flubber"

EdsJunk

Tested Video has been uploaded.

UPDATE:

I have published the post on my site that has everything listed. I have added tons of photos, videos and of course STL files for the Weebo. I also tried my best to make a walkthrough of how I built mine. Please download the files and start printing your own and POST PHOTOS! Id love to see others making their very own Weebo!

DOWNLOAD WEEBO STL FILES AT:
http://www.edsjunk.net/weebo

20160710_183621-768x432.jpg

Movies_featured-1000x312-Copy.jpg

So while working on my BB-8 and R2-D2, I remembered another lovely droid that is not so popular. Weebo from Flubber with Robin Williams. Has anyone attempted this? Doesnt seem to be very difficult, but id like to make it fully animatronic with the screen. This may not be to incredibly difficult. There are plenty of reference material from the DVD, but I would say an approximate size of her would be a good thing to start with. I plan on 3D modeling this and printing it out. It would nice if it flew, but ill save that for another generation of technology ;-) (even though a quadcopter somehow hidden in it could work).

So does anyone have any information on this? Would like to help collaborate? I am planning on sharing the 3D print files along the way.

I know Adam (asavage) has one I see in the background of his display cases if maybe he could give some input and dimensions would be fantastic!

Ed

FlubberWeebo.jpgRRPA61A.gifCCg-jfKW4AAlpUq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Weebo was totally on my list of things to replicate, good luck with yours!
At a guess she's probably a foot in width and 9" in height?

I'd much prefer the real life human hologram inhabitant version of Weebo...

That is almost the same dimensions I was thinking. I want to get working on it next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

That one is a repo, and not perfectly accurate. You can see in the genuine prop from the screen grabs, that it has more screws in the middle and the light lens is more real feeling.

So while working on my BB-8 and R2-D2, I remembered another lovely droid that is not so popular. Weebo from Flubber with Robin Williams. Has anyone attempted this? Doesnt seem to be very difficult, but id like to make it fully animatronic with the screen. This may not be to incredibly difficult. There are plenty of reference material from the DVD, but I would say an approximate size of her would be a good thing to start with. I plan on 3D modeling this and printing it out. It would nice if it flew, but ill save that for another generation of technology ;-) (even though a quadcopter somehow hidden in it could work).

So does anyone have any information on this? Would like to help collaborate? I am planning on sharing the 3D print files along the way.

I know Adam (asavage) has one I see in the background of his display cases if maybe he could give some input and dimensions would be fantastic!

Ed

View attachment 602038View attachment 602037View attachment 602036
Okay here's a thing that might help they made a very nice toy of this I had one at one time still in the box check ebay The toy is very detailed and has a working screen. Thanks...Jim

Okay this is on ebay now toy here's some picss-l1600.jpgs-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600 (3).jpgs-l1600 (4).jpg Yep had one these it is a very cool toy good ref. and I think its 1/1 scale hope this helps. Thanks.......Jim

I saw those. It's definitely a mass produced toy, but could be a good reference.

Yep some what, I think the movie weebo is a little more flatter looking and not as round as the toy, but the toy is cool I've held her in my hands. Lol Thanks....Jim

Despite the middle gaps in the body, its quite surprising how close the toy is to the original prop. Or at least it is in my eyes. I wonder if they were given a copy to reproduce.

I seem to recall McDonalds did a tiny Weebo prop around the time of the film's release.

1c54a31a-7f45-11e3-9b8c-81a03b41152f.jpg

Not accurate whatsoever, but I do remember having this little toy myself lol

Last edited:
Yep I agree the toy is a close runner up to the real one I never seen the McDonalds one but had the toy one. Thanks.....Jim

I have purchased a small printer and a camera for a raspberry pi. I would like to have weebo take photos and print them like the movie. Along with playing videos on the screen.

I will need to get some good audio grabs of weebo speaking, or if anyone knows how I could hire Jodi Benson to do some recordings for me.. Hmmmm

I'm confused by a few of those pics.. It looks like it's a screen used animatronic, but the LEDs are not inset on the front like the movie.....

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back