Australian/NZ - Deagostini Falcon

G'day gang , this builds 'pros and woes ' will probably continue into 2017 , for us over here . Regardless , just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for welcoming me ( first-time ever on any internet type stuff ! ) , and for all the help/advice and tips re ; this mostly wonderful project . Hoping you and yours all a Very Merry Christmas and super productive New Years . Cheers , Ged :)

G'day gang , hope everyone had a Merry Christmas , and wishing you all a great New Years . Re; mbnz77 last post , are any bros from N.Z. Participating in this Aus/NZ forum ?! . If so ' where the bloody hell are ya's ?? ' LOL!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a kiwi doing this build - I ended up importing from the UK. Just received the hundredth issue before Xmas. The guy I used was really good, never missed an issue and everything was always delivered pretty quick. He actually runs a modelling business over there. If you want his details PM me. Otherwise an Aussie contact would be your best bet to get hold of it as I'm pretty sure its not available in NZ.

Hey gang , hoping everyone had a merry Xmas and have a brilliant New Year ahead . Need some help re; replying to a message/email from a fellow member vj mojo . I'm pretty incompetent with all things ' computer ' oriented . If anyone can point me in right direction ( answering a message sent - on this forum ) , I'd really appreciate it .

If you're reading this vj mojo , I'm also in the northern ' burbs , Girrawheen to be exact , and my newsagent is the one located at ' Newpark Shopping Centre ' . They're brilliant re; my subscription .
vj mojo sent a message , and I received it on my tablet in the mail section . I don't know how to reply appropriately , and apologise for posting here , if I've gone outside the rules .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info gedmac66. I am in Kinross, so I have some places to check out first but if they are a no-go will keep Newpark Shopping Centre in mind.

I did get your reply, but it was just my quote. replying to a message is similar to replying in a thread, but instead of post reply it is just send.

No worries mate . I also sent a reply via the members option on this forum . Hoping that was successful . I'm just useless at ' computer oriented - internet ' stuff .
Cheers , Ged .

My monthly subscription arrived today, issues #38 - #41 but what a surprise, I only got one magazine issue #38, that's three months in a row now and 17 issues that need backordering.

Called Bissett magazines to try and get some answers, they had none and didn't care woman on the phone was quite rude. When I told her I had bought issues #1- #20 on ebay to catch up she advised me that maybe I should buy the rest of ebay. Hahahahaha, still can't believe it. Anyway I have got in touch with a newsagent and is sorted, on their list, just have to pay for backorders upfront.

And cancel my subscription from Bissett.

Sorry to hear that . Hoping you'll continue and finish your build vj , without too many more hassles . If you've got parts minus the magazines , then why back order . Don't Bissett still owe you the missing components/magazines ? . Stuff you've already paid for !

I have only been getting the parts that corresponds with the issue. I was due #38 - #41 for this month, but only received #38 and the parts for #38 the other issues are marked out of stock on the invoice and have not been charged, this is the third time it has happened. Can't even finish the cargo bay because of out of stock issues. Gonna check tomorrow while I cancel my subscription if I have money owed (credit).

My monthly subscription arrived today, issues #38 - #41 but what a surprise, I only got one magazine issue #38, that's three months in a row now and 17 issues that need backordering.

Called Bissett magazines to try and get some answers, they had none and didn't care woman on the phone was quite rude. When I told her I had bought issues #1- #20 on ebay to catch up she advised me that maybe I should buy the rest of ebay. Hahahahaha, still can't believe it. Anyway I have got in touch with a newsagent and is sorted, on their list, just have to pay for backorders upfront.

And cancel my subscription from Bissett.

This is exactly why I made my comment in the other thread. They DO NOT CARE and it's disgusting. :(

Ben

I've finally had a bit of time off to catch up and it's nice to see the bottom half pretty much complete. So that means I can finally get down to some overall weathering and to pull out the airbrush for the first time. Some finished pics of the bottom half - the bit that no one really sees. Pity.

For reference I used the 'Darkview' method. Black oil paint rubbed on, then painted individual grey / red areas. Applied the Tamiya weathering kit, rust and black smear lines. Then finally a light airbrush of black on the laser marks, pits, and guns and a light airbrush of grey around the turret edges. That's it really. Came out really nice. I wanted an overall blended appearance with no harsh areas. It's all good practise to make sure the top is just right. As it was my first time using all of the methods (oil paint / Tamiya weathering kits / airbrush) I made many mistakes along the way. Like making the panels to dark - not rubbing off enough of the oil paint, figuring out how to blend the black / rust streaking - took many tries, and not going overboard with the airbrush - it's like an UZI, I just can't stop myself.

Anyway, on to the top half now.

MF_Undersideclose_zpsipwh3q0o.jpg

MF_Undersideforward_zpsfej33ety.jpg

MF_Overall_zpshdzvp8ta.jpg

MF_Undersidewide_zpstlzpfoqb.jpg

MF_Underside_zpss9glj5sw.jpg

Hey S4, great to see you posting again mate ! Your Falcon is looking sweet ! She really is beautiful .
Haven't put mine together yet ( still working on the hold ) , but know what you mean re ; the underside all/mostly hidden . How're you planning to eventually display her ? . I'm ' planning ' an Echo Base diorama myself . A powdery/white/snow surface over a mirror floor , with sections left exposed ( mirror ) so that various areas of interest can be viewed more easily .
Anyhoo , good hearing from ya , hope you'll keep posting and sharing . On a side - any thoughts on the R2 or X-wing ?
Cheers Ged :thumbsup

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back