Australian/NZ - Deagostini Falcon

Any news of release dates for new Zealand cheers

I thought that NZ got the same release at the same time as us in Au. Maybe not.

I do see that on the Deag website they offer full kits to AU/NZ but appears no Falcon. Looks lilke you may have to move to Oz.

Mr. Ged: I'm thinking of getting a display case made. Not sure of what diorama scene is going to be in the background yet.

With regard to the R2 and xwing. The R2 really needs to be bigger, so that one is off the list. Plus I have budget constraints. The Falcon came at a great time and the build is something to look forward to every few months. Now with the xwing I already have an xwing of the same scale (with lighting) hanging from my ceiling in the cinema, so really to have another, it's just not going to fit, plus the cost again.

G'day Simon , didn't notice the new ' avatar ' ? of car ( Lotus Esprit ? ) only ! .
As said earlier , your Falcon is looking sweet . How're you planning to do the top pieces/panels /hull , oil method or airbrush ? . Again on a side note , your large X -'Wing , is it a kit or the Hasbro Hero one ?
Cheers Ged

Learning from the bottom half, I'll make the top half a little lighter. Still going to use the same methods though. I will also add some extra lighting to the lower half, maybe just the red ring of lights to help with lighting the final display. Re: the huge X Wing, it was the Hasbro hero. Gave it a quick dry brush and added some basic engine lights. Same scale as the Deag X Wing - very big. I'll take some pics with the Falcon next to it for size comparison when I get back home again. Pics below. Re: the Esprit, I bought it when I was working in London, very cheap over there, not so cheap here. Had it 15 years now and still drive it every week.

xwingrawsml_zps1ccdc800.jpg

xwingcinema_zps3107c7fe.jpg

Attachments

• xwingrawsml_zps1ccdc800.jpg
    xwingrawsml_zps1ccdc800.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 109
Hey S4Simon , that hasbro x-wing turned out sweet . Didn't know you were a twilight fan mate ? . Only reason I'm familiar with that is cause my daughter has/had posters of et al in her room lol . Mentioned your S4 avatar , cause the other one , on the other forum had a very pretty young lady next to it .
Anyhoo , after picking up my latest # 52 & 53 , from n/agent , I also purchased the deago #1 Darth Vader helmet . Didn't know it'd be available here in OZ , but seenings how it was only $ 4.99 , thought I'd give it a look see . Not bad . 3phase , how're you travelling mate ? , haven't heard from you in awhile re ; your falcon build . Did read your posts on that excellent BSG Viper resin ? Kit .
Cheers. Ged :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Story is I was buying the kit from Stephen Dymszo and after receiving 2/3 of the kit he said he cant supply the rest.
He wasn't doing anything to it but the whole idea was that I would have all 100 issues months ago and not have to wait.
I'm not out of pocket for the 2/3 of the issues but what a waist of time as I cant get the last lot from him. It also cost more due to the aussie dollar.
If I thought he wasn't going to supply the whole kit I would not have bought it from him and just waited for the issues from down here.
He said he used my issues to finish a build for someone else but they obviously got the ****s with him as they were to supply him there parts then they would become mine. Just a total **** around.
He is a low life and I hope I don't get duped like that again.

You'll be happy to know that with my daughter leaving the house, all images of that movie have now been deleted from the cinema...

And replaced with a new Large Millennium Falcon print.

Re: the avatars, I've been on a few exotic car photoshoots with different models so have plenty of nice shots to choose from, but being old and all that I thought I'd just go with the raw car without the add ons for this site.

Had a look at the helmet collection last week. Wasn't happy with the overall quality, so decided against the purchase. Extremely happy with the Falcon so will stick with that.

Still travelling non stop with work. Been away from the office since Xmas, interstate every week, and won't have a good break until June.

3phase: That's really crappy. I'm sure I read somewhere else that someone had paid in the order of 10k for an SD build only to be left hanging - with nothing to show. Really can't trust anyone these days - real pity.

Pic of the MF canvas print which I bought a few months back. (1.6m wide).

IMG_4049_zpsyqmlttho.jpg

3phase , Steve Dymszo - he,the same guy who did the Deagostini MF painting tutorials ? . If so ' WOW ' . I'm sorry to hear about your predicament . He seemed o.k.. ( videos ) , but don't really know anything about him . Although , was following a thread featuring him awhile back here on the rpf site , re; his work with Deagostini on this project . D**m , that was brutal . Seems he's p**ed quite a few people off previously . Hoping you'll still continue with this project , and see fit to posting and sharing your build !. S4Simon , that Falcon print/s ,..very nice ! . Re; avatar stuff - what the hell has age got to do with anything ? Beauty is , and age is irrelevant when it comes to appreciating it ! My excuse and I'm sticking to it LOL!!!

Cheers Ged :lol

Story is I was buying the kit from Stephen Dymszo and after receiving 2/3 of the kit he said he cant supply the rest.
He wasn't doing anything to it but the whole idea was that I would have all 100 issues months ago and not have to wait.
I'm not out of pocket for the 2/3 of the issues but what a waist of time as I cant get the last lot from him. It also cost more due to the aussie dollar.
If I thought he wasn't going to supply the whole kit I would not have bought it from him and just waited for the issues from down here.
He said he used my issues to finish a build for someone else but they obviously got the ****s with him as they were to supply him there parts then they would become mine. Just a total **** around.
He is a low life and I hope I don't get duped like that again.

somehow we all got duped in one way or another with this Deagostini falcon. I took out a subscription here in the UK as soon as this model was announced. A couple of friends of mine back home in Aus messaged me wanting me to take out subscriptions for them too. I stupidly said yeah righto, fix me up when they're all complete. Neither of them can afford them now! I'm now stuck with two extra falcons. Yeah I can sell them but I don't think I'll get my money back for them. At the end of the day it was my own fault :(

I'd wait out until it's finished world wide. Like everything Star Wars it will eventually command good money. Just my opinion though.

somehow we all got duped in one way or another with this Deagostini falcon. I took out a subscription here in the UK as soon as this model was announced. A couple of friends of mine back home in Aus messaged me wanting me to take out subscriptions for them too. I stupidly said yeah righto, fix me up when they're all complete. Neither of them can afford them now! I'm now stuck with two extra falcons. Yeah I can sell them but I don't think I'll get my money back for them. At the end of the day it was my own fault :(

I'd wait out until it's finished world wide. Like everything Star Wars it will eventually command good money. Just my opinion though.

I think they may just start selling it as a complete set within a few months in the UK? If that's the case then the prices of them will drop second hand.

On the other hand if deagostini for some reason are unable to manufacture the falcon anymore, then the prices may go up? Buuuuut, to counter argue that another subscription company or model company would probably pick up after deagostini and buy the molds lol.

I've still not received an email or notification on when we'll be getting the extra blister pack with the missing parts....

I honestly can't see it being sold as a complete set for too long (12 months?) or until existing stocks are exhausted. The market to buy a full set at 900 GBP is far slimmer than buying it at an issue a week.

Also it's very rare for another company to pick up the licence to sell something made by another manufacturer so I really don't think another company will get the DeAgostini molds at all.

I think they may just start selling it as a complete set within a few months in the UK? If that's the case then the prices of them will drop second hand.

On the other hand if deagostini for some reason are unable to manufacture the falcon anymore, then the prices may go up? Buuuuut, to counter argue that another subscription company or model company would probably pick up after deagostini and buy the molds lol.

I've still not received an email or notification on when we'll be getting the extra blister pack with the missing parts....

I honestly can't see it being sold as a complete set for too long (12 months?) or until existing stocks are exhausted. The market to buy a full set at 900 GBP is far slimmer than buying it at an issue a week.

Also it's very rare for another company to pick up the licence to sell something made by another manufacturer so I really don't think another company will get the DeAgostini molds at all.

Hoepfully they'll make it more accurate in the future. Re-do the already re-done canopy and other bits.

I was going to put for sale one of the sets I've got in the for sale section but you need to be a subscribed 'blue' member right?

G'day Junk Pilot , I've purchased the screw ' replacements ' from ' Venables ' Hardware store over here in W.A. All up less than a tenner . Not sure if they're nation - wide though ?
Cheers Ged .

Thanks. I've just found a place in Brisbane that is supposed o have them so I'll contact them on Monday to order them.

G'day @Junk Pilot , I've purchased the screw ' replacements ' from ' Venables ' Hardware store over here in W.A. All up less than a tenner . Not sure if they're nation - wide though ?
Cheers Ged .

hey guys,
the sci-fi and fantasy model group based in perth will have a large display on next weekend at wasmex.
we'll have a number of s/s models inc a deago/hasbro completed falcon.
should b about 8 rpf members there on and off over the whole weekend.
http://www.wasmex.org/
20150906_152855 (1).jpg

Damn wish I lived closer to Perth.

Deago has been great lately. Haven't missed an issue for ages and everything has been coming perfect in their packs. I have to praise them when they do it right seeing as I've made a few complaints at the start. Credit where it's due.

Ben

Same scale as the Deag X Wing - very big. I'll take some pics with the Falcon next to it for size comparison

Nice light job, now get those wings open:lol...The Hasbro Hero X Wing is 1/17 - 1/18 scale, is the Degon X Wing that scale?......I thought it was 1/24th.

IMG_2058.JPGIMG_2065.JPGIMG_2071.JPG

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back