Repainting the big Hasbro Hero x-wing toy (Red 6)

NAZGÛL

Sr Member
Hey all!

I don't build much SW nowadays but when my kids got the huge 1: 18 Hasbro x-wing and wanted to give it a better paintjob, I couldn't resist getting the paints out.

The idea was to keep it a safe, durable, lightweight toy, so the only tweaks we did was to cut out the "glass" and put a simple interior in it so they can put a pilot in it and also fill the screwholes. It really started my modding nerve to fix the belly side of the wings, the engines and cannons as they are very crude and toyish, but if you start modding those, it would take away the toy aspect. This toy will have a rough life and thats the point with it.

I did get an itch to get another one and mod the hell out of it, but I don't have time for it.

Some pics of the toy:

xvinge5.jpg
xvinge4.jpg
xvinge3.jpg
xvinge2.jpg
xvinge1.jpg
xvinge6.jpg

It's great fun to let the kids paint with you!

Cheers

Very nicely done! What paints did you end up using?

I have two of these, and not sure what I want to do with them, if anything. Thought about cannibalizing one to complete the other, but your Keep It Simple solution is inspiring.

That looks awesome and it's painted as my favourite ship too. An excellent job and it's good to know you haven't dropped off the face of the planet either, NAZGUL.

Thanks guys!

I used cheap black spray for preshading and light gray primer as base and then acrylics for the yellow/red and weathering.

Yeah thats a TIE.pilot. Just grabbed an action figure nefore taking the pics.

The plastic is really rough to glue, so if you do mods, it will be fragile.

Cheers

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back