Nice Pics of the Alan Ladd Y-wing on Propstore!

DutchVander

I just came across some fantastic reference pictures of the Gold 2 Y-wing on Propstore's site. Apparently this was the Y-wing that Alan Ladd received and it is now in Propstore's collection. I didn't think this one had survived filming! These are by far the best pictures I've found of this model. Now if I could just get pics like these of Gold Leader!

http://www.propstore.com/blog/top-5...-prop-store-ceo-stephens-personal-collection/

Here's a couple. More on the site.

SW_ANH-YWing3.jpg

SW_ANH-YWing2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised there's not more buzz here - those are fantastic images of a screen used Y wing not seen by the public ever. I know what my next Y wing will be!

I'm surprised there's not more buzz here - those are fantastic images of a screen used Y wing not seen by the public ever. I know what my next Y wing will be!

That's what I thought when I saw this. I can't believe how well this one had been preserved. Incredible photos!

That's because this was posted late last year in another thread. I'm just having trouble finding it at the moment. I know I saved the images last time but of the 9 images that can be opened there is one incorrect link that opens up a second image that is already there.

That's because this was posted late last year in another thread. I'm just having trouble finding it at the moment. I know I saved the images last time but of the 9 images that can be opened there is one incorrect link that opens up a second image that is already there.

If you open the images in a new window then change the number in the URL you get the hi res version of the one that doesn't show in the slideshow. The images are surprisingly hi res when opened in a separate window. I looked to see if these had already been posted but couldn't find them anywhere so I went ahead and posted them. These pics were to awesome not to share!

Ah, I must've missed that. I see on the link that it's been up since last year alright.

By the way, by reading link addresses and changing the address number of the image, I got 11 images of the ship from that page.

Awesome, thanks! But wait I thought Gold 5 was "Triangles"? I have them as gold Leader = Tie Killer, Gold 3 was the one of the MOM tour and Gold 2 was Tigersprocket hmmm

Last edited:
This Ladd/Propstore Y is Tiger Sprockets (named for the mount cover on the top - look at the LEM Saturn part and instead of an F1 part, it has the tank wheel).
Gold Leader is Tie Killer. Now resides in private hands.
Triangles is a pyro, and probably was a stand in for Gold Leader? Detailing is almost identical - even the piping. Profiles sold it's shards a few years back, I believe.
The ILM tour ANH Y is the "Red Stripe Artoo"
There's also Red Jammer (not filmed but used for the Elstree set construction) and the Bill George fan-made-but-used-in-ROTJ Y with the R5 head, also at the archives.
The archives also have a small handful of crudely cast and painted "stunt" Ys with riveted brass strips instead of Ts - dunno if they were pyros or what. They all have permanent mounts so they're like Ywings on sticks.

Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 11.03.18 AM.png

Holy Maker! The elusive Y-wing reference photographs! I may have to resume my Neisen build now. Thank you for posting this.

This Ladd/Propstore Y is Tiger Sprockets (named for the mount cover on the top - look at the LEM Saturn part and instead of an F1 part, it has the tank wheel).
Gold Leader is Tie Killer. Now resides in private hands.
Triangles is a pyro, and probably was a stand in for Gold Leader? Detailing is almost identical - even the piping. Profiles sold it's shards a few years back, I believe.
The ILM tour ANH Y is the "Red Stripe Artoo"
There's also Red Jammer (not filmed but used for the Elstree set construction) and the Bill George fan-made-but-used-in-ROTJ Y with the R5 head, also at the archives.
The archives also have a small handful of crudely cast and painted "stunt" Ys with riveted brass strips instead of Ts - dunno if they were pyros or what. They all have permanent mounts so they're like Ywings on sticks.

View attachment 600345

Thanks for the info. I've not seen any close ups of the cheapo casts before. Weren't they cast from the tour Y-wing?

y-wing-pic-confusing-me-whats-going-here-y-wings-defined-2.jpg400326791.jpgILM20Collection20320defined.jpg

I was just going by the famous table shots I've seen over the years where everyone calls Triangles Gold 5, btw since it obviously wasn't Tiger Sprocket or destroyed, what IS the head of the Y-wing behind the Tie Fighter?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back