Eagle Transporter 1/48 (22") by Round 2 MPC

Jaitea

Master Member
'Tranquilly Base here,....the Eagle has landed!'

IMG_3846_zpsbyxvkl6d.jpg

Can't wait to get stuck in

J

Good luck, will be with you all the way. My two aluminium sets, Bells and RCS thrusters, turned up wednesday so I am all set...just need to finish the STUDIO ( Shed )

Cool! This kit goes together real easy. Which pod version are you gonna do? Standard, Rescue or VIP?

Robert:)

Probably Standard,...although the VIP does look cool

Got one too, what a great kit! Got my turned aluminum bells toady and they are fantastic! Have fun with your build.

Thanks Constantine,...you too

Good luck, will be with you all the way. My two aluminium sets, Bells and RCS thrusters, turned up wednesday so I am all set...just need to finish the STUDIO ( Shed )

The aluminium parts look cool,....but they're kinda expensive.....I'm going to try the Alclad route to see how that looks,.....I'll be weathering them also

I've glued the two halves of the pod together & I'm trying to work out the best way to light the cockpit,.....I was thinking on making the two pilots Koenig & Carter perhaps in Alpha uniforms instead of Orange pressure suits

spgop1493.jpg

space061.jpg

Carter_pilot.jpg

space1999-year1-wargames-1024x76-1.png

d771112c0116bce73995f478a0e22bbf.jpg

J

Last edited:
Well, you are seeing the infamous Tamiya Panther tank engine deck in there, plus Airfix Saturn V LEM bits (which the Red Jammer Y-Wing used). So yes there is a common detail piece connection with the Y-Wing. Other bits in the Eagle include the M-551 Sheridan engine deck and Revell Gemini domes.

Back in the 1970s, the greeblie bits catalog used by effects modelers on both sides of the pond included quite a few common kit parts sources for bits. So with an Airfix Saturn V, Revell Gemini and Tamiya Panther tank in your arsenal you could detail up about 80% of the studio models used in film and television productions at the time.

Man, those bells are Yuge! Keep it up.
Thanks Edge......it is a huge model,.....kind of cool too,...less fiddly

Those subtle panel lines will really make this one great John. Very nice.
Thanks Jake,...I like working on this scale,....no problems at all with the plastic, paint or anything,....makes a change

What did you decide to do with the cockpit, J?

I'm gonna light her,...I've got a couple of 48 scale pilots so hopefully paint them up as Koenig & Tate in their Alpha uniforms

Looking very nice so far nice touch on the weathering.
Thanks Constantine,....trying not to overdo it

Looks amazing! So is this pretty much a straight out of the box build, Round 2 sure did an nice job

Thanks Blake,....it's been an absolutely great build so far,....just a lighting mod,...thats it......makes a change for me

So a bit more assembly & painting......next the decals

IMG_4619_zpsd6bxsp5t.jpg

IMG_4618_zpsbrjzhwmk.jpg

IMG_4617_zpsk6zercbn.jpg

IMG_4616_zpslwqju1z9.jpg

IMG_4615_zpsn7sy3e3o.jpg

IMG_4614_zpslrb1airh.jpg

IMG_4613_zps3voy8dol.jpg

IMG_4612_zpssm3y9sgn.jpg

IMG_4611_zpshj247jye.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Absolutely gorgeous man! Thinking about getting me one, the model quality looks pretty good or did you have to modify a lot?. My next problem is that I am slowly running out of Space... To many toys :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back