Eagle Transporter 1/48 (22") by Round 2 MPC

Very cool! It looks like it's referencing the 44" Eagle 2 studio model since the LEM halves are present.

The major reference is what the 44" looked like during Series 1, but done at 22" size. So all the model's shapes and proportions are faithful to the #1 44" studio model.

Thank you guys very much....

My two birds......1999=Millennium

Eagle=Falcon.....both 1/48:

IMG_4711_zpssc6e16xn.jpg

IMG_4710_zpsuqy5ycdf.jpg

IMG_4709_zpse1nrlq0v.jpg

Thanks for looking
J

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Job on the Eagle, Jaitea! I must say, I think my favorate part is the boosters.

Love the random pump in the side behind the cockpit. One pipe in/out... Very high tech :D Those 70's modelers for you :D

Well, you are seeing the infamous Tamiya Panther tank engine deck in there, plus Airfix Saturn V LEM bits (which the Red Jammer Y-Wing used). So yes there is a common detail piece connection with the Y-Wing. Other bits in the Eagle include the M-551 Sheridan engine deck and Revell Gemini domes.

Back in the 1970s, the greeblie bits catalog used by effects modelers on both sides of the pond included quite a few common kit parts sources for bits. So with an Airfix Saturn V, Revell Gemini and Tamiya Panther tank in your arsenal you could detail up about 80% of the studio models used in film and television productions at the time.

Was playing a game with the misses yesterday. I was gluing together my ToS Cylon Raider, and we were trying to find more tank parts than the other. Seems, ToS Cylon Raiders where build from Tiger I's and T34's. no wonder they were such a threat :D
Heck, the WHOLE upper body of a T34 is in there O.O.
Tracks, guns... the 88 Gun breach halves are stuck right next to each other, machine-gun ports, hatches... even random German tank tools. It was a fun game.

Was playing a game with the misses yesterday. I was gluing together my ToS Cylon Raider, and we were trying to find more tank parts than the other. Seems, ToS Cylon Raiders where build from Tiger I's and T34's. no wonder they were such a threat :D
Tracks, guns... the 88 Gun breach halves are stuck right next to each other, machine-gun ports, hatches... even random German tank tools. It was a fun game.

Don't forget about the Hasegawa Leopold railway gun structures mainly on the bottom. ;)

Great Job on the Eagle, Jaitea! I must say, I think my favorate part is the boosters.

Love the random pump in the side behind the cockpit. One pipe in/out... Very high tech :D Those 70's modelers for you :D

That's a great game Capt I started looking at images of raiders

I've only just got the spine assembled on mine so I have a long long way to go. I will be using your fantastic build as a guide. I think you nailed it! The subtlety of the weathering and panel work is perfect IMHO. You've set the bar very high. Well done, and thanks for posting so many pics of the process.

With the lights on in the cockpit I'm reminded again how it to this day makes me wonder what the function of the horizontal mirroring of the pilot section is. Why is that non window section with the black inserts there on the bottom half if it isn't used to look out of? The Hawk was far more logical as it didn't have those non-functional bottom half windows.
Why do these vehicles have widows anyway? Visibility must be horrific. The Hawk's is even worse as the windows move inward from the side that really turns pilots into horses with blinders on.
Despite that the Eagle still is one of the best looking space ships in film and TV-history, and you did that model proud.

RKS

I like to think it's simplicity of design! all the "fuel pods" look the same and therefore interchangable and I always assumed the same of the command module. easier to construct and easier if you have to later scrounge parts for the fleet!

As for the windows, you're right visibility would have been terrible but it was not great on early "real space" vehicles either! maybe they are more for the crew's comfort knowing there is a window? Afterall most of the important stuff is done with various sensors and such. just my 2 cents!

Thomas

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back