Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg's Sausage Party (Post-release)

I was talking about this movie at work last night.

Turns out, the quiet, shy responsible guy that I would never have thought was interested in this, was there opening night, first screening. He absolutely loved it!!

Think you know someone after nearly 10 years!!

DVD and BR release for this is 8th November in the U.S. But we have to wait until 26 Dec in Britain.

Like I didn't have to wait long enough extra for the theatre release in the first place!!

Now, I'm interested to know if there is some kind of marketing strategy for releasing it on Nov 8th.

DVD and BR release for this is 8th November in the U.S. But we have to wait until 26 Dec in Britain.

Like I didn't have to wait long enough extra for the theatre release in the first place!!

Now, I'm interested to know if there is some kind of marketing strategy for releasing it on Nov 8th.

I'm interested to see what ends up on the final blu-ray...

I submitted two things they asked for...

1. Our recruiting video - I write and shot a recruiting video with the other editor where we introduce ourselves as "Seth and Evan" and then complain how we had to make a recruiting video while not being allowed to show any footage, or say anything about the actual movie... we then interview other people in the studio, who also aren't allowed to talk about it, so there's a lot of bleeping out and blurred out computers in the BG - al in fun of course. Would be cool if that got on.

2. In memorium video - When the whole flick was done, I went through all the past storyboards and edited together an oscar style "in memorium" for all the characters that got cut out of the final film... including some jokes that got cut at the last moment (like the "bagel hole gag" that kept getting cut and put back in then cut again)

But they haven't told me anything about what made it to the final...

The live action ending will be on it though... cuz just last week they asked for a version without score for copyright reasons (I had temp scored it with other movie score).

I also feel it ends too many times.

Finally saw this. I agree that it ended too many times, but that's forgivable. It took it up enough of a notch each time to keep me watching through each one. I liked the portal scene.

Overall: this is definitely not for everyone. For one thing, I wasn't high and felt I might have enjoyed it more if I was. I'm pretty sure that's the target audience.

But even though parts of it are going to **** a lot of people off, it was mitigated by the fact that A) they went after everyone on all sides, and B) they had the sack to really go for it, and you have to respect that kind of writing courage.

For you: Well done man! You should definitely be proud. Because I read this board I was purposely watching for things like timing and cuts and I thought you did a truly great job. I hope you do many more in the future.

For people considering seeing it: know what you're getting into. It's beyond raunchy and somewhere in the peaceful valleys on the other side. If you're OK with that, then you're probably going to enjoy this.

For you: Well done man! You should definitely be proud. Because I read this board I was purposely watching for things like timing and cuts and I thought you did a truly great job. I hope you do many more in the future.

Thanks! We'll see what the future holds. Currently there's no editing at my studio, but my involvement in this flick and my personal work got me a development position. So hopefully the next thing I'm editing will be a project I created myself. Sausage Party got me into a lot of good meetings.

Anywho... here's part of the live action ending that was cut! The entire thing will be on the blu ray...

I'm not sure what else will be on the blu-ray - apparently the cover says there are deleted scenes, but this is really the only one. Unless they added in the "in memorium" video I cut together as a joke... That would be awesome. It's a montage of all the characters that were cut from the final film during rewrites. And there are A LOT of them (For example - Teresa had a mother)

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched it last night. Typical Seth Rogan movie. Funny for the first part, things drop off in the middle cause there's a problem, Rogan's character has to win back the day for a happy ending.

Worth seeing once but a Toy Story adventure this ain't.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back