Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg's Sausage Party (Post-release)

NeoRutty

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Welp, I've been living and breathing this flick for almost 3 years now... and they've finally released an image...

CcehbnnUsAAIluQ.jpg

Hard R animated flick? Will it do well? Is there an audience?

A work in progress is screening at SXSW if you're in the Austin area...

Re: Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg's Sausage Party....

Very, VERY, not safe for work...

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't seem to put my finger on it, but just can't figure out where I've seen that hot dog bun's features before....... hummmm

There's always an audience the question is will it do well only on dvd. These tend to become hits on video or cult classics like Heavy Metal.

Funny but... I get it. It's R-rated. **** by itself can only be funny to a point.

Looks hilarious. Cool project to be involved with.

It certainly has its moments. I actually found it tough though to sign on to this flick. I'm not easily offended, and I like a lot of hard R movies, but when it comes to stuff I work on, I generally try to keep to projects I can show my family. This is not one of those flicks.

It is a funny movie, but I feel like its success is riding on how offensive it can be, which is not really my thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny but... I get it. It's R-rated. **** by itself can only be funny to a point.

i have a serious problem with dropping F bombs now. I'm so desensitized. 50 hours a week listening to such language, I now have to remind myself this is not how everyone talks.

Well Seth Rogen is pretty much a one trick pony and offensive is all he knows sadly, which is about all I can say for 99 percent of modern "comedians". But he has enough fans that this might make money.

Well Seth Rogen is pretty much a one trick pony and offensive is all he knows sadly, which is about all I can say for 99 percent of modern "comedians". But he has enough fans that this might make money.

I wouldn't say it's all he knows, it's just what's making him money.

He does the pg movies, or gets acclaim for roles like in the Steve Jobs flick, but when he tries the PG with his own work it fails... He knows his audience for his own projects is "Hard R".

He produced 50/50 and starred and it's a GREAT flick about dealing with cancer... But it certainly didn't rake in the money "This is the End" did.

This movie will do well. Every screening has scored through the roof.

And when it comes down to it, what makes the flick really funny is what the others brought to the table. Jonah Hill, Micheal Cera, and Nick Krohl were friggin hilarious... they made the movie... Kristin Wiig was great as well.

The board artists created a lot of the humor as well... and then by the time the animators got to it, their acting choices elevated it even more.

It's really, REALLY calaborative.

I'm getting old I had to google all those actors lol. At least it scored good in the screenings, that's usually where these animated movies tend to fizzle out.

I'm really looking forward to this one. The trailer itself is funnier than most movies.

I can't stop watching the potato bit, its starting to become my new catchphrase.

If the budget was reasonable and the box office/dvd rentals are good, its a win/win. The first thing I thought when I saw the first image was.......Is that Hot Dog bun a Vajay? Two seconds later, confirmed.

It wont be a Pixar/disney killer but hey..I like Adult swim and Archer.

The budget for this film was SCARY low... they *Seth and Evan) just happened to have a friend who knew of a studio in Vancouver BC that can put out top quality work on a shoe string budget. The budget for this was SO low, people in the industry were expecting this to look like South Park or bad flash animation.

And it looks really, really good.

Disregard... tried to share a vid... didn't work!

-EL

New Trailer.... Green Band this time...

A lot of the same... get your kids and grandparents together for a fun time at the theater!

Wazoo.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's a good thing this is rated R or someone would take their kids to see it by accident and complain. Wow I only know a few of the actors in this and aside from Salma Hayak it's only because i'm a member here lol.

It'll still happen... Happened a lot with Deadpool.

The first F-Bomb comes maybe 30 seconds in during the opening Disney Style song...

Within the first 4 minutes they drop the C-bomb.

It won't take long for parents to realize their mistake.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back