TrickOrTreatStudios Gizmo 1:1 Puppet

EDIT: I'll keep my criticisms of Zephro as a businessman off the thread as it isn't considerably relevant.

Onto topic.. The latex is my only issue with the piece. I've had the ToTs latex rip on me before, and as PoopaPapaPalps mentions, I've heard of the latex getting crumbly in just a few years of ownership. A good friend actually owns a haunted attraction and the masks hardly make the season.
Obviously if it's just sitting it on a shelf out of sunlight, it may be fine, but I'd be super worried of any aggressive repainting techniques. I honestly don't believe it would hold up to stripping and repainting with rubber cement for example.

OOF! Gizmo arrived today...wow what a piece of crap. First of all it was packed in a box without any bubble wrap or anything. And as you can see from the comparison pic, it looks like Gizmo went out on a bender. The worst part is the fur on his chin that wasn't present in any of the pictures on the website. The ears also appear to be a different shape. Oh and they punctured the tags through his ear so that will leave a hole when you take them out...

Also, as far as the hand puppet functionality, there's only room in the legs - the head and arms aren't open.

Gonna try and get my money back. I'd pay maybe $20 for this thing, not $70!

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 3.40.33 PM.png

IMG_1885.JPG

IMG_1878.JPGIMG_1879.JPGIMG_1881.JPGIMG_1880.JPGIMG_1884.JPGIMG_1883.JPGIMG_1882.JPG

Last edited:
OOF! Gizmo arrived today...wow what a piece of crap. First of all it was packed in a box without any bubble wrap or anything. And as you can see from the comparison pic, it looks like Gizmo went out on a bender. The worst part is the fur on his chin that wasn't present in any of the pictures on the website. The ears also appear to be a different shape. Oh and they punctured the tags through his ear so that will leave a hole when you take them out...

Also, as far as the hand puppet functionality, there's only room in the legs - the head and arms aren't open.

View attachment 664539

View attachment 664535

View attachment 664531View attachment 664534View attachment 664532View attachment 664533View attachment 664536View attachment 664537View attachment 664538

WOW, What an absolute piece of ****.

I was going to check it out and try to be the positive guy, but dammit *I* can make THAT... I could make that BETTER.

Ah well.

Get your money back! ha.

Same here. I really want Gizmo and Stripe Mogwai and someday, a gremlin Stripe.

I really had hoped these were gonna be them. I'd say "you get what you pay for", but wow this Gizmo isn't even worth that. Ugh, I hope you get your money back too.

I still say wait until you see what some of the talented people here do with that. I saw someone take those crappy Spencer's Chucky and Bride of Chucky dolls and make them close to screen accurate. I am betting with this as a base, we will see somebody do an amazing transformation.

Very disappointed for you, I was looking forward to this one myself. Makes you wonder how they can get away with selling such a thing for ANY price. So sad :-(

:eek YIKES!! :eek Too bad Ronculus is not doing him anymore!

I wonder if Zephryo will come on here be interesting to hear what he says

I mean they can't be happy with the way it turned out. And I was surprised it came early. The original release date was October/November. They still had time to send these back to the factory.

I was honestly expecting it to be way worse. It needs work, obviously, but with some work it could be passable. Not a great piece by anymeans... And certainly NOT for $70... If this was closer to $40 I think it would be perfect for modifications.

I ordered two of these guys with plans to mod, but wow is this upsetting to see. The hands especially look horrible! It could be salvaged with a re fur and some glass eyes but those hands are unacceptable!

View attachment 664539

View attachment 664535

View attachment 664531View attachment 664534View attachment 664532View attachment 664533View attachment 664536View attachment 664537View attachment 664538

They shouldnt give you a prob sending it back. But if for some reason they dont, ill buy it from you. Even though it isnt the best one, my son saw it earlier and wants one lol. Hes too young to know the difference

I ordered two of these guys with plans to mod, but wow is this upsetting to see. The hands especially look horrible! It could be salvaged with a re fur and some glass eyes but those hands are unacceptable!

Yeah it looks like a latex mitt - the fingers aren't carved out.

- - - Updated - - -

They shouldnt give you a prob sending it back. But if for some reason they dont, ill buy it from you. Even though it isnt the best one, my son saw it earlier and wants one lol. Hes too young to know the difference

OK cool! I'll keep you posted!

Welp after 2 emails, no response. So that's some pretty crummy costumer service. Put out a crap product then hide.
Customrelic if you want it, it's yours! Send me a PM and I'll make you a deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back