Comic Con Liverpool 12-13 March 2016

madmusketeer

This is the very first Comic Con to be held on Merseyside. Plus, this will be the very first CC that I will have attended. Thus, I am very much looking forward to it ... and will be celebrating the event dressed in full Snake Plissken regalia - right down to the scars and the belly-tattoo.

Anyone else going?

COME ON U SCOUSE RPF'ERS! DITCH THE FOOTIE KITS AND KICK COSPLAY ASS!!!!!!!!

Mad Mac

I'll be there with wife and kids, definately not a scouser though ;)

Hi mate!

I married a scouser, but I'm actually a Darksider, like yourself. I'm from Wallasey - where we live now. The wife n kids are coming along, although I'll be the only one in costume. And they will probably be walking ten yards behind me!

Cheers

Mad Mac

Really enjoyed this event! Sadly came nowhere in the Cosplay Masquerade - then again I didn't actually MAKE much of the costume. Just the sound suppressor, tracer and life-clock, the motion tracker and the throwing stars (which nobody actually saw anyway - as they were all tucked nicely in the belt pouches). Misfortune struck Snake early in this mission as the spikes on my boots pinged off on the train going over to Liverpool, and I realised that I couldn't get the sleeve of my beautifully distressed and nicely authentic jacket over the life-clock, but it was a small price to pay.

I was surprised how many of the younger generation knew who Snake Plissken was ... although I resented the misguided praise I got for being "that guy out of Escape from LA" or even ... get this ... Darryl from Walking Dead!!!!!!!

Incidentally, armoured Batman didn't get anywhere in the masquerade either!!!!! Go figure.

Chris (Snake) IMG_20160312_152354870.jpgIMG_20160312_152300054.jpgIMG_20160312_152108408_HDR.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back