Awesome Con 2016

Though I was born and raised in Annapolis and now live in Baltimore, I'll be in Louisville KY for Wonderfest that weekend!

According to event organizers, double the amount of passes are being mailed out this year. Nice to see the con growing so much after only being around such a little while. I'll be there all three days. Taking my family day one. Hope to see some RPF'rs there. I'll try to post some pics as well.

I'll be there all weekend. Look for me as the Rocketeer on Saturday, and as Doctor #12 on Sunday, carrying my newly refurbished GuiTARDIS. I'm hoping to get Capaldi to autograph it when I meet him. Not sure what I'm going to do on Friday night.

This year's AwesomeConDC is going to be mobbed. Every year it's bigger.

Working feverishly this week to get props finished for this weekend. My girlfriend will be Missy to my 12th Doctor on Sunday. Trying to get her Killer Cellphone case knocked together in time. (I'll likely post a build diary on here at some point.)

If you're at AwesomeCon this weekend, and you see the Rocketeer on Saturday or the 12th Doctor carrying a GuiTARDIS on Sunday, please say hi!

My dogs are barking from day one! Walked about 9 miles. Not too bad. Decent crowd. The volunteers were a bit junior grade today. Have three different yellow shirts tell me three different things about where to go for an arm band for my children since registration neglected to give them to me when I first checked in for my VIP badge. Parking was rough. I used Parking Panda to pre-book, non the less the garage still tried to charge me max rate. Got it sorted, although I'll likely have the same issue on Saturday and Sunday.

Spent way too much cash today. Good time though. Shout out to the Old Line Garrison of the 501st. They were doing an awesome job, and made my kids time at the con extra special.

Look for the guy sporting the D.C. united track suit tomorrow if your there. Not sure if I'll go in costume or not for Sunday photo ops.

What a day! So many more people, yet the lines moved very well. Got selfies and autographs with Glau, Pearlman, and Roker. Got too chat wiith Urban for a good ten minutes with a photo Op and autographed picture. Can't wait to see him in the new Thor.

Really looking forward to meeting Capaldi and Coleman tomorrow. Hopefully they are not too jet lagged from just dong the Dallas con. May dress as the Doctor tomorrow.

The good news: I managed to get Peter Capaldi to sign my upgraded GuiTardis, and got a photo op with him, and saw the Peter and Jenna Q&A. That part was indeed Awesome.

The bad news: All I did all day - and this was with a VIP ticket - was wait in lines to get the autograph and photo op, and see the Q&A. I didn't get to do anything else, look at anything, or buy anything - I didn't even get a chance to stop and eat. I just went from long line to long line. The Q&A was delayed from 2:30 to 4:00, after we were already seated for it, and didn't actually begin until almost 4:20. So we sat in our seats waiting for nearly two hours. And it was supposed to be 45 minutes but they cut it off after 30.

AwesomeCon has apologized on their Facebook page for the terrible time we all had, but words are cheap - hopefully they'll clean up their act and do a better job in the future. When even a VIP ticket means incredibly long lines, it means you oversold VIP tickets.

Your faired better than me, my friend. I missed the autograph from both, and only was able to get the very rushed photo op. like you, I got nothing else done, but going fom line to line. No food, no drink, just lines.

I saw multiple people (not wearing the yellow volunteer shirts), but with their "Brute Squad" basges allowing people to cut in lines with them. I saw multiple people with One day passes, or non VIP badges in front of VIP's.

What a cluster **** of a day. So poorly organized. I truly hope Ben Penrod lives up to his word and makes this right.

Smh

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back