Toronto Prop Party May 19th (not) Cancelled!!!

DAVIDYR1

Official Licensee
Sorry for starting a new thread but I can't edit the title of the original post and wanted to make sure that everyone saw this as soon as possible.

MODS IF YOU READ THIS PLEASE EDIT THE TITLE OF THE ORIGINAL TORONTO PROP PARTY THREAD ADDING THE WORDS CANCELLED & MERGE THE TWO THREADS IF NEEDED.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Everybody,
This is Rimma. Unfortunately and with deep regret we had to cancel the prop party.
We are working on a huge commission and Dave is on his 3rd day with 3 hours of sleep combined. AND it's not over yet!
I just wanted to say that when this party was originally planned we scheduled it during a window of time that was comfortable for us workwise. Since then we have received a ton of work that happened to be completed almost all at the same time. We have been trying to get it all done and still be able to do the prop party, but as of this morning we realized that it's just not possible. At the end of the day Dave is only human and can only do so much. SO, with great dissapointment and regret we are cancelling it. We will definitely reschedule it for another time.

Thank you all for your understanding.
Rimma

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Toronto Prop Party May 19th Cancelled!!!

If the room is all set can we not just come anyway? Someone lse who knows David could collect any money for the rental.

I really hate to cancel my plans to come out to this. There has tobe an alternative.

bummer

Heath

Same here, I was looking forward to finally being able to show off things to people that would appreciate them, and also meet a few people, yourself included Heath. I just heard from Alex that you might have R2 there.

Same here, I was looking forward to finally being able to show off things to people that would appreciate them, and also meet a few people, yourself included Heath. I just heard from Alex that you might have R2 there.

Ugh. I just made arrangements to get my R2 and my Mini there. I was also to meet a couple of modellers who wanted to see my scratchbuilt Serenity model

Alex
Styrofoam Guy

Yes, I was dieing to see that...perhaps I'll just have to come to your house and see it. LOL

Nertz!

Bad luck David,

So is this 'cancelled' cancelled, or is there any hope that some plucky RPF'er can yoink our collective bacon out of the carbon freeze chamber, and make it happen for us anyway?

I don't know if anyone is in the area that is willing to pick up the ball, plus I doubt we'll hear back from David in time to find our if it's even possible, given how busy he is.

Well that puts me out a few bucks, Hope it can proceed in the near future.

Cam

Last edited:

Guys DISREGARD THE CANCELLATION!!!! IT'S STILL A GO!!!

I am really very sorry for this panic moment I had. It hasnt been an easy last few weeks for us here and it was just a rash and wrong decision to cancel the prop party.

Please forgive my brief moment of weakness.....I have already reconfirmed the room so please just disregard this notice!!!!

It's STILL A GO!

David

Mom always said:
"Don't post when your stressed,
cuz you ain't at your best." ...

or something like that.
I mean how would I know?
I never listened to her.

Game on.

Ssee you in Aurora

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back