Trying to make the hold more screen accurate.

Supercoolin

Once I got month 13, I was able to make accurate measurements of clearances around the kit hold and attempt to make the modifications to the hold so that it was a little more screen accurate. There are so many 3D rendering interpretations that I just went back and checked the movie scenes and tried to modify it so that once I am done with all of the detailing, it will look a little more like the scenes from ANH. I am now waitng for some paints to begin the final detail painting and will add pictures of the final product in the next couple of weeks.

IMG_1513.JPG
IMG_1515.JPG
IMG_1517.JPG
IMG_1519.JPG
IMG_1526.JPG
IMG_1530.JPG
IMG_1523.JPG
IMG_1532.JPG
IMG_1536.JPG
IMG_1534.JPG

Now all the piping and wiring along with a couple more detail walls and a lot of fiber optics. I lowered the entire hull 1/8" sop that the corridor was lower and I could get a better angle for the ramp. I am cutting all of the factory ramp lift motor and mountings so that I can build the entire corridor and tunnel for a clear view up into the inside of the ship, not just have the ramp door open and close, I want to actually see up into the round corridor so it is a lot more realistic looking. That is what prompted the complete mods of the hold.

Attachments

• IMG_1508.JPG
    IMG_1508.JPG
    300 KB · Views: 250
Great work - do you have drawings for the new additions you did? I would be interested in the pylons in particular.

I was going to spiff my hold up a bit, but not to much - since I plan on putting it under glass, but I like the idea of hidden treasures.

Great work - do you have drawings for the new additions you did? I would be interested in the pylons in particular.

I was going to spiff my hold up a bit, but not to much - since I plan on putting it under glass, but I like the idea of hidden treasures.

1st I found how much area could be added to the floor that was missing from the ANH screen shot and added it when I got Month 13 and test fitted everything together..
IMG_1509.JPG
IMG_1510.JPG
I added where the floor was lower and did not match the movie hold area.
IMG_1521.JPG
The columns where just what fit, no mearsurements, I cut and trimmed the pper template until it "felt right", and then copied it to .060" styrene sheet. The edging is .030" x .080" strip stock.
IMG_1514.JPG
IMG_1515.JPG
below you can see the difference between the kit part and the scratch part
IMG_1528.JPG
IMG_1517.JPG
They where not measured or designed, it was just making something that fit and looked out and then copying it five times. Plus I used a lot of Shapeways parts.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back