dry cleaning and super glue

disasterology

Jr Member
I recently had an awesome Batman cape made for me and I made some modifications to it that I had since removed. I superglued velcro to the edges so I could attach and detach rods to give it the full wing look when opening up the cape with my arms. After removing the superglue strips, I'm left with hardened fabric and white dried superglue marks of course. I am wondering what your experience with dry cleaning and their stain removal may be? Do you think it might be possible for dry cleaning to remove the superglue completely or at least make it even somewhat better? Thanks.

A lot of it depends on how much the glue is soaked into the fiber. I can tell you that Picarin is what we used to get super glues, etc out of fabric at a costume shop I worked. This is a solution dry cleaners use.
Take the cape to a cleaner you trust and ask. They'll let you know if it is something they are capable of removing.

A lot of it depends on how much the glue is soaked into the fiber. I can tell you that Picarin is what we used to get super glues, etc out of fabric at a costume shop I worked. This is a solution dry cleaners use.
Take the cape to a cleaner you trust and ask. They'll let you know if it is something they are capable of removing.

I'm glad to know that at least it's possible. I have never used a dry cleaning service before, so choosing one that I trust would be shooting in the dark, but I'll call around though. Even if it doesn't remove all of it, but removes some of the surface "whiteness" of the dried glue, that would be great!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back