DarthChrisDK's Build Millennium Falcon Log (De Agostini)

DarthChrisDK

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all,
Just setting up my own build log thread. I just recently started so I have a lot of catching up to do.
First of all, I’m a novice model builder – that is, I have no real experience doing it. But I’m used to researching a lot, and with dedication, I believe I should be able to pull off this build. De Agostini sure is doing theirs in order to help us novice folk along the way.

I have a lot of catching up to do, so I won’t bore you with too many early photos. I posted my very first video of my series today: Part 1.
I’ll be fairly active with posting these videos in the future, as my spare time allows it, and I’m sure that I’ll be able to provide regular updates.

I’ll post high resolution photos in the future as I see fit.

This is Part 1:

Part 2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my overall plan with this build. Again, I'm a novice, and I'm going to be heavily reliant on research and following and being inspired by other builders.

Short breakdown of my plans/thoughts:
- I'll be repainting the model.
- I'll wait with the major repainting until I've assembled it.
- I'll approach the paint task as closely to the instructional videos posted by De Agostini, featuring Steve Dymszo.
- I'll be coating it with the Insignia White (AS-20) as instructed in said videos.
- I might order some 3D-printed parts and "upgrade" the model with these. Still undecided as to which parts I'll actually do this.
- I will steadily paint the interiors as I'm moving along with the assembly.
- Everything will be documented in video form (parts) and high-resolution photos.

A bit about myself.
I'm a collector of pop culture statues and prop replicas based on comics and movies.
You can check out my YouTube-channel and my Instagram for more on all that. I'm very active on Facebook as well, on my Page. You'll find links under my profile name.

I sure hope that my videos and photos will somehow provide some useful information to other builders, despite the fact that I am a novice.

Last edited:
Finished Part 4. This covers the contents of issue 5 and 6. Did a test assembly of the cockpit too. Pretty cool! Having fun so far.

Here's Part 5. Hope you'll give it a watch. Covers issue #7 and #8. So a brief video, really.

Part 9 is finally done. I've been quite busy and on top of that a bit sick recently.

Here's my latest part of my build log. In this part, I also talk about the binders and how to insert the magazines into the binders. Enjoy!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back