Veektohr's Aliens Projects (there's always room for one more)

veektohr

Sr Member
Another glorious day in the Corp!

a19QHzc.jpg

There are two builds I never get tired of seeing somehow. Graflex sabers & the M41A Pulse Rifle. These two props have been with me in a major way my entire life, and until very recently I'd just never been able to make good on one. A brief primer:

The M41A was maybe the first prop I ever put on a list and said: I have to build this some day. I was 11 or 12 I think. Growing up I had more Alien toys than Star Wars, I printed out the Aliens script in 6th grade computer lab (actually ten copies, but that was a mistake) and carried it in my backpack like a holy tome. It was the universe I wanted to live in, which I realize now is nuts, because it's one dominated by the military-industrial complex and vicious capitalism - but hey whatever. I would draw blueprints for different versions of the pulsie. They'd sprawl across multiple sheets of printer paper that I'd tape together (I'll try to find them - I'm sure my folks kept them.). BB gun versions, laser tag versions... but I never made good on them. Life goes by while you're busy making other plans, and I missed the big pulse rifle rush of 2008-2012. I've always regretted it.

Which is all just a long way of saying: I'm gonna build one finally. The list o' parts:

In Hand (thanks to Wolvster):
Matsucorp shrouds
HCG 8-hole vent
HGC shoulder stock
Hudson M1A1
Real SPAS cage & grip
SD studios GL cap

HGC ALUMINUM SHROUDS!
Noble Sling

Coming soon:
PFC Rem 870

I promised Wolvster I'd do his parts (& my childhood dreams) justice with a careful, well documented build. Time to get started.

Last edited:
Re: Magic Pulsie Dream Gun

Gonna be awesome, great looking set of parts. I just got wolvster's 870 and now I have everything I need to do the same build. Good luck, I'll be paying close attention.

Re: Magic Pulsie Dream Gun - Hero PFC M41A Build

I would sell the Husdon and buy a Thompson TM1 for a few more $$. The only visual compromise will be a 16" barrel. But any PR is a good PR. Cant wait for more build pics.

I would sell the Husdon and buy a Thompson TM1 for a few more $$. The only visual compromise will be a 16" barrel. But any PR is a good PR. Cant wait for more build pics.

While a good idea on it's own, walking around with a live fire gun can bring
up MANNER of problems..... :( I'm definitely looking forward to this build ! :ninja

Alright, small post but a necessary one to organize my brain. I did a preliminary fit today to see where everything stands. First I attached the SPAS cage to the Thompson. I tried using only the pre-existing tapped holes and screws. These Hudsons are metric FYI.
mmIn98o.jpg

Cool :cool

However, as you can see everything is super flush this way. In fact, too flush - the shrouds aren't designed to fit like that, so I'll need spacers (which I've seen on a ton of other builds, so that's not really a surprise)

wg76tCn.jpg

Everything else looks pretty sweet, though:

uURAwuI.jpg

There are some sections of the shroud that I'm going to have to touch up. So I think my first step will be filling and sanding these areas into shape:

JOWeBsx.jpg 6klYiuX.jpg tigxhHy.jpg 04MVyVV.jpg

The casts are really great in general, though. Most of these areas could be sanded out in a jiffy, with really only that one spot needing filling. Time to bust out the Bondo.

One thing I did notice, was that with the shrouds on, I can't get the magazine in deep enough to allow the release lever to click back into place. It's also too far away for the extractor to pick up a round, so I'll either have to thin out my bag bottoms, or take a small layer off the shroud to get that to fit right. I'm leaning toward the mag bottoms. Anyhow, more later!

Nice update. So there are attachment points on the Thompson that allow for the cage to be mounted??

Nice update. So there are attachment points on the Thompson that allow for the cage to be mounted??

Kind of. When you take the fore grip off you'll see an under-slung block with a few screws in it. Two of those are spaced well enough to lock in the cage pretty good (they're M4 10s). However I don't know if the spacing will work once the 870 is in there. At first glance, though, it does look like the two parts were made for each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outstanding....I was wondering who the lucky person was who got this Beeeeaaauuuutttiiifffuuulllll kit !!!!! I know you are a true proud owner !!

Looking forward to seeing this come to life.....Congrats sir !!! :D

In case anybody was wondering what the heck's been going on with this build (I know I have been ;)), here's a small update. Very little construction, but some fun set up. I was thinking that since the parts I have are steel anyway (HCG take off barrel vent / stock & real SPAS cage) why paint them? So I got them parkerized... and they look AWESOME. Makes me think I should get the GL front block anodized as well (although that part always looks rad with some chips and scratches).

bfnVCs6.jpg AbaNfCs.jpg
AR20Hjl.jpg FftMlET.jpg

Also managed to get ahold of some Brown Bess, so the next step (on top of all the other darned steps in this thing) is to get that matched so that I have enough to paint the shrouds, mag bottoms, & motion tracker that I'm slowly acquiring the parts for as well. It's nice to have some movement on this front. Time to cut up that SPAS cage I think :eek

Thanks! I've had your build bookmarked for a while - it's my main build guide :)

I might even grab an APS 870 in the meantime while I wait on these darn PFC shottys.

Very very cool project. Love these things.

Hero PFC M41A Build & Motion Tracker M314

The pulse has been on hold since I hit a snag on the PFC 870. As tempted as I am to get an APS CAM 870 or something like that as a placeholder, I just can't spare the money right now and don't want to give up hope on that plug-fire version (8 caps per cart! It would be awesome!). So I've been biding my time with this:

e7HzoG2.jpg

It's not in the greatest shape, but it was cheap. In fact it cost more to ship here than it did to purchase it :wacko And then before long it became this:

9o5fbqG.jpg

The goal with this guy is to make it as functional as possible. I haven't seen too many (other than Erv's. Did Majenko ever finish his?), and I have a Raspberry Pi hanging around anyway so why not.

First thing's first - cleaning these things out sucks. Especially when they're old and poorly maintained. SO. MUCH. NASTY. GREASE. After that, cutting the nose off is a breeze.

e4nr1Ux.jpg

OQJnHXh.jpg

ySm9XaH.jpg

Now it's time for some decisions. I want to be able to access the Pi without taking the whole thing apart, obviously, so I think it's gonna go in the lower body. Maybe I'll route out the chamber walls between the upper and lower to make some more room available. One thing that struck me as I actually got my hands on these parts is how small they all are. The Pi will fit, though - just gotta figure out a way to mount it in there securely.

jocZhpP.jpg

Next I've got a few decisions to make. I kind of like how the Jobo lights up!

w0O3fdo.jpg

I might just add a diffuser under there and keep it that way. Not canon, but maybe this is an M314-B :D And along that line of thought, I have some OLED displays that are pretty much exactly the same size as the Olympus T28 panel...

UkLYmn2.jpg

One thing's for sure, though, I'm going to make up a little nameplate in the style of the original Kango one.

7TUFw1O.jpg

This is what I'm working with right now:

UtUyY3O.png

I don't know if I'll keep the Weyland-Yutani on there. Some others have suggested coming up with another company altogether. Or maybe I'll keep it. Gotta let it percolate a little longer.

Last edited:
Re: Hero PFC M41A Build & Motion Tracker M314

OH MAN, feel free to POST away...
LOVED the Motion Trackers and had I the cash would have LOVED to make one too ! :thumbsup

I'll be following with project with GLEE as well.... :)

Awesome. I absolutely think you should make a data plate for it :)

I can supply you with vector art for the WY logo.

-MJ

OOOoooooooooo I love it , that drill is solo hard to find...I hope one day to find one myself , congrats sir

Hero PFC M41A Build & Motion Tracker M314

OOOoooooooooo I love it , that drill is solo hard to find...I hope one day to find one myself , congrats sir

Oddly enough, the Hama remote release has been the hardest thing for me to find for this build. I've come across I think five Kangos in the past few months, but only one whose seller was willing to ship to me [emoji51]. There's one for sale in Canada this second, but he'll only ship local : /

Zero remotes, though...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back