Veektohr's Aliens Projects (there's always room for one more)

Re: Hero PFC M41A Build & Motion Tracker M314

I've seen them from about $30-100 USD. The trouble is finding one close to you so shipping doesn't make it even worse. I paid $30 for mine, but the shipping was $45... There's one on Ebay UK right now starting at £15, and a 422 starting at £25, but they're both only either local pickup, or UK shipping only. You might be able to talk to the guy with the 422 about shipping to Finland. One thing to remember for MTs is that the 426, 422,and 327 are all identical in shape. Sometimes they have a different selector knob under the chuck, but those also vary among 426s, so it's nothing I'd worry about.

What's the sort of price the Kango's go for usually?

Last edited by a moderator:

Little bit of work got done on the tracker today.

xMQhEfo.jpg

DdbJFnK.jpg

H5qWAsl.jpg

Then a little mockup was in order.

YV77NRr.jpg

I also found some NOS parts, including a new trigger shroud!

tsjMpje.jpg

Unfortunately it's almost completely lost its elasticity (30 year old rubber...), and I accidentally tore a bit at the edge so I don't think I can really use it. However, when on display it ought to look great!

mxTJoEl.jpg

Tracked down an HCG for a great price. Looks like aluminum shrouds are on the menu!

e94fuYa.jpg

I also finally got some movement on the PFC 870, so this thing is back in business. Once I get that I'll cut the SPAS cage and the grip... which I am terrified of doing. Not so much the cage, but that notch for the rectangular washer is gonna be a PITA I just know it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Of course this raises the question: If I have an extra set of shrouds now... do I make another PR :)

e94fuYa.jpg

e94fuYa.jpg

e94fuYa.jpg

e94fuYa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey so that plug-fire Remington finally came! Of course I didn't even think to get a picture until I'd gotten it apart...

eN6gFwZ.jpg

It mostly breaks down like a real 870, except with a few little quirks around the bolt carrier. Kinda weird, but should be fine. Just need to get better at taking it down and putting it back together. Racking sound is great, and the carts take like seven caps so I can only imagine how loud they are. I would have tried it out if I hadn't freaked my dog out the night before firing bunch out of this sweet MGC VP70 :cool

XtH30lO.jpg

But anyhow, I digress. I chopped down the part of the bolt carrier that the SPAS foregrip will attach to. I still need to make a spacer for that, and create a solid attachment point.

2Mg6yAF.jpg

Then I worked on the cage some using a dremel and hand files.

l44bjjn.jpg

JokIqan.jpg

DWvIxd6.jpg

Took out a little more here so that the trigger guard will slide in.
34NXvji.jpg

And then of course the dremel slips... : / Shoulda just stuck to the hand files.

xrgEYim.jpg

The gouge isn't that deep, and I'm going to have to re-parkerize the thing anyway, so whatever.

Didn't get around to finishing the ejection port.

Ztp0xsB.jpg

I'll finish that up hopefully this weekend. I did a test fit of the 870 in the cage, and holy smokes that's a tight fit! I had to tap it back out the other way with a rubber mallet. Anyhow, more later from the stoop, errr I mean "workshop". Really happy to have movement on the pulsie again!

Very nice work, love the documentation, it's really going to help when I get to this point with mine. That pfc 870 was a good way to go. Getting a real one has been a huge hassle, from getting a permit to the stupid DROS to getting it deactivated so it can be chopped down. Way to much time and money involved.

Very nice work, love the documentation, it's really going to help when I get to this point with mine. That pfc 870 was a good way to go. Getting a real one has been a huge hassle, from getting a permit to the stupid DROS to getting it deactivated so it can be chopped down. Way to much time and money involved.

Well I can't say going the PFC route has saved any money in the long run, but it has certainly been less of a hassle. Plus I want it to be fully "live fire."

Let's hope it's worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fit the front block this evening.

uRTL1ZW.jpg

hLpyTR4.jpg

Had a moment where I thought I'd measured wrong after drilling, but I managed to work it out. Always measure three times, 'cause two just isn't enough... Anyhow, then I did this:

qcVQRUr.jpg

EEEEEK :D Can't even tell you how many times I thought I'd cut in the wrong place. Sanded it down and slipped it on.

GpfVFd3.jpg

wZqmQvU.jpg

Cool. :cool I could maybe sand it down just a hair, but I think once it gets a little oil worked in and loses that just-sanded look, it'll be fine. I tried to sand juuuuuuuust up to the tip of that notch that cut into it without going past. Just a few more things to finish up and the GL is done. Just a few more harrowing moments to go...

Last edited:

More GL progress today. Wasn't even planning on working on it, actually, but it was calling to me!

Used masking tape to measure the ejection port of the Rem and transferred it over to the SPAS.

5wrlohO.jpg

ljbnjQK.jpg

Then I went to town with the Dremel. I've been using these carbide milling bits for this, but they chatter a lot and I finally just gave up and used the cutting disk and some sanding drums. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay better. Slower, but way smoother. Ef those milling bits. Anyhow, last cuts to the cage are done!

yjvMdlc.jpg

Then I figured I may as well fit the Rem completely. Slid it though, chopped the magazine tube and filed it down to fit in the front block. Then I put everything together and chopped the barrel after it was assembled.

2l0aFCk.jpg

v4BfyJ7.jpg

qqSFrqd.jpg

I have termites!

This thing feels pretty solid in hand. It's definitely causing the cage to bulge. I'll have to warm up and stretch out the foregrip a little to get it to slide easier with the Rem inside. Last things to do on this are get the foregrip attached to the pump-action of the 870 and cut the ejection notch. Then it's gonna be time to re-parkerize it and mount it... at which point I'll have to do some test firing of course :)

One thing of note... this "PFC" 870... well I've done some sleuthing and it's just a PPS Airsoft 870. The shells for it are custom, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this is just a $250 airsoft that I paid a dumb premium on for no reason. Soooo if you're looking to do the same thing, grab the PPS. It's cheaper than the Cam 870, but still has that great racking sound. Plus is disassembles a little more similarly to the real thing than from what I've gathered about the Cam. Anyhow, learn from my mistakes! Still, at least it'll be easy to find spare parts : /

Whatever, once it fires I will forget all about any misgivings during this build.

I sent Matsu a box of Hero parts and said, "Here, you figure it out". Picked it up in person a month later. I didnt want to take any chances hahahah. Lookin good!

Lol I understand that urge big-time! It's definitely pushing me out of my comfort zone... but it'll be worth it!

I sent Matsu a box of Hero parts and said, "Here, you figure it out". Picked it up in person a month later. I didnt want to take any chances hahahah. Lookin good!

Just a little mini-update. Progress finally happening again on this project :)

UErpu4W.jpg

71dM0N1.jpg

The safety selector broke off on my Hudson (they're notorious... old zinc parts ya know). Luckily it broke off in the fire position :cool so I can at least have some fun while I make a new one for it. Real ones might even fit, who knows. I would have loaded a couple rounds, but my dog was sleeping, and you know what they say about letting 'em do that...

Need to strip that OD, tho.

Took off the trigger guard, and fitted an upgraded aluminum bolt to the PPS 870 inside. Looks a lot better than the cheapo plastic one they come with stock. I'm not totally in love with the trigger guard, but I know if you take off too much you lose tension in the trigger. Eh, still coming together finally!

mX4kOqp.jpg

diYmxkL.jpg

It's a ton of tedious work putting those together. I think you're doing a damn fine job.

Had a crazy busy couple of weeks at work, and didn't get much done on the pulsie at all. I did however start this madness for some reason...

TpFWXEw.jpg

As luck would have it I also went from having zero M560's to having one, with two more on the way - one of which has the correct headset for the Smart-Gunner... so I guess I'm making a smart-gunner headset. I'll be honest, I don't know that much about this prop, but as I've been doing research I'm starting to get kind of excited about it. I have a Pentax lens I'll use to help scale it off of, and a couple Neutrik connectors, LEMOs, and these:

iia2Z8L.jpg

I'll be honest, I only know two pieces out of these kits that I'll actually need that I can see in the reference I have, so if you know any more parts out of these I'll need - please shout 'em out. What have I gotten myself into :wacko

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back