John Wick: Chapter Two (Post-release)

I loved every moment of it.

I was was disappointed in the ending, but only because I would have preferred...

...for The Continental to continue to be this interesting sanctuary in this universe for Wick to go to. Obviously The Continental will continue to be that sanctuary, but for the time being John won't be welcome there.

...not because I actually thought the ending was bad.

It it definitely sets up a third film nicely, and I've read they are working on a potential tie-in TV show.

The one one thing I really liked was how they used some subtle aspects of the first film to set up this whole story...things that when watching the first one you didn't really think much of but they ended up coming together well for setting up this film.

Saw it. Liked it. I believe it was a THX certified theater, so every gunshot had IMPACT. I don't know if I like how it ended, but I suppose if there's going to be a third, the end of the second act should leave the protagonist in the worst possible position. The trailer for the next one will have to be pretty bad for me not to see it...

I hope in Part 3, they don't go with Winston getting offed for bending the rules and or helping John.

Just saw JW2 tonight and absolutely loved it. I was a huge fan of the first one and thought this was even better. The way the action scenes were choreographed was absolutely mesmerizing and it's clear Keanu can handle weapons like a PRO! I can't wait to watch it again. :cool

Saw it last night! Thoughts:

So I liked the first, and I would say I definitely liked this more... BUT, just like the first, there were a few shoot outs that got a little stale, and was like watching someone play a video game (though I know a lot of people are into doing just that)

But what got me past the monotonous shoot out scenes were the moments of pure action bliss!

- Using his car as a weapon

- falling/fighting down the stairs

- montage versus the hit men. (Sumo was great)

- that final bullet.

I LOVED that they set up a kill/revenge/run plotline so effortlessly. Great storytelling.

Editing WAS NUTS. Always knew what was going on in each scene.

Loved the world of underground hit men they've created. And I don't think EVERYONE is a hit man - if people are referring to the call going out and all those cell rings and glances, I think that was to show his paranoia... and the scene where the huge crowd disperses at the "Manager"s command - I just took that as a boasting of power.

And on the gun thing? I'm in no way a gun nut. I don't own one, don't want one, think there are far too many sitting in houses that they don't belong in (not that they don't belong in houses at all...)

HOWEVER, this is not real life, and the whole world of weaponry in here was fantastic. I love the idea of buying a gun like a "tasting".

So yeah, bring on John Wick 3!

And get that beautiful Mustang back on the road! (I'm wanted that car since I was a teen)

The shootouts(especially the one in the tunnel) were indeed like a video game, but that's what was so cool about them. The way movies are edited these days you never really see extended action scenes like that so it's refreshing that there's at least one franchise where those types of sequences exist. :cool

Saw it last night! Thoughts:

So I liked the first, and I would say I definitely liked this more... BUT, just like the first, there were a few shoot outs that got a little stale, and was like watching someone play a video game (though I know a lot of people are into doing just that)

But what got me past the monotonous shoot out scenes were the moments of pure action bliss!

- Using his car as a weapon

- falling/fighting down the stairs

- montage versus the hit men. (Sumo was great)

- that final bullet.

I LOVED that they set up a kill/revenge/run plotline so effortlessly. Great storytelling.

Editing WAS NUTS. Always knew what was going on in each scene.

Loved the world of underground hit men they've created. And I don't think EVERYONE is a hit man - if people are referring to the call going out and all those cell rings and glances, I think that was to show his paranoia... and the scene where the huge crowd disperses at the "Manager"s command - I just took that as a boasting of power.

And on the gun thing? I'm in no way a gun nut. I don't own one, don't want one, think there are far too many sitting in houses that they don't belong in (not that they don't belong in houses at all...)

HOWEVER, this is not real life, and the whole world of weaponry in here was fantastic. I love the idea of buying a gun like a "tasting".

So yeah, bring on John Wick 3!

And get that beautiful Mustang back on the road! (I'm wanted that car since I was a teen)

I took all the phones ringing, and looks he was getting, the same way you did...as a way to show him being a bit scared, which is something we haven't seen really in either of these movies until the end.

I mean, if you think about it, in a big city there are literally constantly people looking at their phones...and even in a large city where nothing seems out of the ordinary, I think I'd notice, and glance at, a dude that's running in an area where nobody else is running who's all cut up and bloody.

So yeah, I didn't really take that as trying to show that 33% of the population were assassins so much as it was showing Wick being paranoid.

Just finished watching it. It was fun.
I agree..... everyone being a hitman or part of the underground society seems a little much. It takes some of the mystique away from it.
I think Monica Bellucci would have been a better casthign of Gianna D'Antonio. Not sure if that would be too much Matrix re-casting with Fishburne in it.

I like Reeves, although I feel like he should be a little more respectful in the Continental. The dude watched his dog and he didn't even say thank you.

I'm guessing he might find sanctuary among the Russians and Peter Stormare's character in the next one.

These movies feel like a Chow Yun Fat flick from the 90's.

I wonder if this movie will do well enough for them to finance a third.

Based off the box office, both John Wick and John Wick 2 made a $60 million(ish) profit each. When going in and making these films, I don't think the creative team, including the actors, go in with the intention of breaking box-office records. They go in to tell the story that they want to tell, and, judging by the critical response by both fans and critics alike, they're telling it well. So, with that in mind, I think that audiences are saying, "Yes, we like these movies! Give us a third.... and thank you for not killing the dog this time."

Based off the box office, both John Wick and John Wick 2 made a $60 million(ish) profit each. When going in and making these films, I don't think the creative team, including the actors, go in with the intention of breaking box-office records. They go in to tell the story that they want to tell, and, judging by the critical response by both fans and critics alike, they're telling it well. So, with that in mind, I think that audiences are saying, "Yes, we like these movies! Give us a third.... and thank you for not killing the dog this time."

I guess if they're not setting out to be a "blockbuster", if it's making them money, and people like it, that should be a formula for success.
I can think of at least a few movies that fit the same formula and never t sequels... so yet again Hollywood makes no sense.

Actually Wick 2 is doing better than the first according to box office mojo grossing over 93 Million worldwide

The first had a budget of 20 million and did over 88 Million.

I hope there will be many more installments of Mr. Wick! :thumbsup

It only came out here a few days ago and managed to catch it today. What a glorious symphony of all the things we are`nt supposed to like.

There is sooo a Matrix thing going on there......

The whole place with the inked up roller derby chicks is all Matrix phones and screens, even the text on the computers is the same.

The phone John uses in his Italian hotel room is the same Automatic Electric used in the Matrix.

When all the people go flash mob all of the sudden....wow.

Was over at a friends house yesterday and found out it was released on digital, impromptu Wick viewing party followed! :thumbsup

Anyone know any of the backstory of this world?

Starting a John Wick prop collection and have found that all the people in the community are using Nokia 8800 silver mobiles except two people, Winston and John both use Iphone 5`s also Winston wears a black Carl F Bucherer watch and John has the same watch in white.

Read that the producers are going to delve deeper into how the Wick universe works, cant wait till then though.:angry

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back