The Art of Production Design: A Panel Discussion - Sat Feb. 27. 2016, Los Angeles CA

PumpMag

The Art of Production Design: A Panel Discussion with the Nominees
Saturday February 27, 2016 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
The Egyptian Theatre, Los Angeles, CA

A rare chance to get a behind the scenes look at some Oscar Nominated films which include Mad Max Fury Road, The Martian, and The Revenant. Limited tickets are Free while they last. RSVP required. Event date is Sat. Feb. 27, 2016 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm.

link to Free tickets:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-ar...with-the-nominees-tickets-20818772509?aff=es2

From the official site:​
OSCAR SEASON AT THE AMERICAN CINEMATHEQUE 2016

Oscar-Nominated Production Designers In Person!

Oscar-Nominated Production Design Panel

Co-presented by Art Directors Guild and the Set Decorators Society of America.
Join us for a panel discussion with this year’s Academy Award-nominated production designers and set decorators. Approximately 90 minutes.

Nominated films are:
BRIDGE OF SPIES (Production Design: Adam Stockhausen; Set Decoration: Rena DeAngelo and Bernhard Henrich)
MAD MAX: FURY ROAD (Production Design: Colin Gibson; Set Decoration: Lisa Thompson)
THE DANISH GIRL (Production Design: Eve Stewart; Set Decoration: Michael Standish)
THE MARTIAN (Production Design: Arthur Max; Set Decoration: Celia Bobak)
THE REVENANT (Production Design: Jack Fisk; Set Decoration: Hamish Purdy).

Priority entrance/seating is given to members of the Art Directors and Set Decorators Guilds. Please bring your guild card with you to the theatre. The general public will be admitted on a first come, first served. RSVP does not guarantee seating. You must arrive one hour prior to show time and be present when doors open to guarantee admission.

Re: The Art of Production Design: A Panel Discussion - Sat Feb. 27. 2016, Los Angeles

Thanks for posting this! Managed to reserve a ticket.

Re: The Art of Production Design: A Panel Discussion - Sat Feb. 27. 2016, Los Angeles

Glad that you took advantage of the Free ticket. It's rare to have the op to see and hear from those who did all the behind the scenes work. Make sure you go early, to make sure you get admitted (see site disclaimer).

Yeah, on hour before start. Maybe I'll see if friends wanna just have lunch around the area.

I wish Peter Pound would get more credit for Fury Road. What that one guy designed and came up with over the course of 15 years is incredible. I'm sure Colin Gibson is great and all but I guarantee he will just show one illustration after another drawn up by Pound. Sometimes I wish the real artists would get more cred.

I wish Peter Pound would get more credit for Fury Road. What that one guy designed and came up with over the course of 15 years is incredible. I'm sure Colin Gibson is great and all but I guarantee he will just show one illustration after another drawn up by Pound. Sometimes I wish the real artists would get more cred.
I still plan to attend this on Saturday and I hope all notable artists like Peter Pound get some mention or recognition during the panel.

It was mostly talks, but that was fantastic to sit in and listen. It sure beats out the similar production panels at SDCC.

Glad you enjoyed it. I underestimated the amount of traffic and time I needed to get parking, I did not arrive as early as needed and all seats were filled. After an afternoon of dissapointment, I feel better to know that a fellow RPF member was there to participate.

The main issue was that there were more guild members attending than anticipated, and they get priority seating. Also, some film institute professors also had some pull and were able to claim seats for students. I got there a little after one, thinking we'd have time to grab a bite and run to a nearby store, but the parking struggle and length of the reserved line made us change plans.

The good news is that they will definitely post the entire panel for online viewing later. I'm assuming sometime this week after the Oscars. Lots of great stories.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back