Lionsgate's Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Movie Cosplay Thread

I design the digital patterns that are to be printed, i can save the skin/undersuit separate without the armour.

I design the digital patterns that are to be printed, i can save the skin/undersuit separate without the armour.
Cool, I'll be after a Zentai undersuit without all the obvious armour attachments soon when I feel ready to start getting this Red Ranger cosplay together. I'd very much like to stay in touch.

I'll start building when a full 360 degree view of the costumes are available.

New costume shot. Anyone experienced in making retractable helmets?
Cnvdb4AWAAE1Mgu.jpg

New costume shot. Anyone experienced in making retractable helmets?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cnvdb4AWAAE1Mgu.jpg

This picture makes me think there's going to be separate helmet props for different scenes, and the transitions between mask open and mask close are going to be CG. While it may be possible to make the visor slide up and down, you're not going to be able to get the mouth portion to go anywhere and still have a tight fitting helmet. I think the best that anyone could hope for is to have a helmet with a face plate that's removable.

After much consideration and thinking, I've decided to go ahead with getting the helmet for my Red Ranger cosplay to happen first then making my way down. Can anyone hook me up with people who I can make commissions of this to happen based from reference images?
Helmet_side1.png
SDCC-2016-Lionsgate-Power-Rangers-2017-Movie-Helmets-Hi-Res-Shots-008.jpg
Helmet side2.png
SDCC-2016-Lionsgate-Power-Rangers-2017-Movie-Helmets-Hi-Res-Shots-007.jpg
Helmet_back.png
Helmet front.png

Last edited:
After much consideration and thinking, I've decided to go ahead with getting the helmet for my Red Ranger cosplay to happen first then making my way down. Can anyone hook me up with people who I can make commissions of this to happen based from reference images?
View attachment 648025
View attachment 648028
View attachment 648026
View attachment 648036
View attachment 648035
View attachment 648027
Go onto the WTB section in the classifieds and ask there.
Try the rocketeer

Sent From The Batcave

The way I see it 4000 USD is a bit much for a simple helmet. After looking around at other armoured suits like Halo etc, I feel I should be looking to spend 2000-3000 USD for the total suit.

The way I see it 4000 USD is a bit much for a simple helmet. After looking around at other armoured suits like Halo etc, I feel I should be looking to spend 2000-3000 USD for the total suit.

A lot of the extra cost comes from being a one-off piece with a very small market to sell to, versus a very broad market that a maker can guarantee sales from.

With Halo suits, Iron Mans, etc, there's enough of a market that casting copies can pay for the initial sculpt and mold and then profit after that. For example, take your standard Iron Man helmet from the most recent movie. Probably far more popular than PR in a broader sense (More people have seen a Marvel movie than have watched MMPR, most likely), so the maker's gonna sell more of them. He only has to sculpt and mold once, then sell a dozen helmets at a lower price to break even.

For a 2017 PR helmet, a maker can't guarantee that a lot of people will want them. Probably 5 people at the most since 1) it's such a niche franchise, and 2) they don't look like the old helmets anymore, so even oldschool fans might not be keen on them. So to break even again on sculpting and molding, the maker has to charge more per helmet, until he knows he has enough of a market for them to lower the price. If the only confirmed buyer is you for a PR helmet, the maker has to defer all of the cost onto just you to break even.

tl;dr: The bigger the market for a product, the cheaper the price of said product to break even. The smaller the market, the more expensive the product must be to cover costs.

A lot of the extra cost comes from being a one-off piece with a very small market to sell to, versus a very broad market that a maker can guarantee sales from.

With Halo suits, Iron Mans, etc, there's enough of a market that casting copies can pay for the initial sculpt and mold and then profit after that. For example, take your standard Iron Man helmet from the most recent movie. Probably far more popular than PR in a broader sense (More people have seen a Marvel movie than have watched MMPR, most likely), so the maker's gonna sell more of them. He only has to sculpt and mold once, then sell a dozen helmets at a lower price to break even.

For a 2017 PR helmet, a maker can't guarantee that a lot of people will want them. Probably 5 people at the most since 1) it's such a niche franchise, and 2) they don't look like the old helmets anymore, so even oldschool fans might not be keen on them. So to break even again on sculpting and molding, the maker has to charge more per helmet, until he knows he has enough of a market for them to lower the price. If the only confirmed buyer is you for a PR helmet, the maker has to defer all of the cost onto just you to break even.

tl;dr: The bigger the market for a product, the cheaper the price of said product to break even. The smaller the market, the more expensive the product must be to cover costs.
Yeah I suspect so. I think more people will want to get in on the suits after the trailer drops and when real marketing actually happens. I feel that I'm the only one that's getting in on this at the moment(unless there are others out there).

Anyway, if anyone's interested in commissions, I've asked these following people among others and they've all confirmed that they'll make replicas of the suits or parts of it for anyone who asks.

https://www.facebook.com/ActStudioIndonesia/

https://www.facebook.com/jtokucostume/

https://www.facebook.com/WildRanger5MW/

https://www.facebook.com/Costumesplay/

As well as them, XCoser, who I think is known around here has also demonstrated some interest as well. If anyone knows anyone who does sci-fi armour like Halo, Mass Effect. etc etc, link them here. Surely the Power Ranger suits would be in their wheelhouse.

ive been working on my own red ranger cosplay; i made a design of a bat in the sun/original movie style suit then paid gun head design/orhadar to make it for me, now its an item for sale at zentaizentai. now me and my friends are working on a red rager fan film and im going to start a thread based on where i got my stuff, how i put it all together, and some other things like the lord zedd and putty costumes we're working on13920754_1014675071963753_5029883716422229901_n.jpg

Attachments

• 13567189_998077063623554_212897801050666429_n.jpg
    13567189_998077063623554_212897801050666429_n.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
I think this thread needs a much deserved bump as we got some new posters which could be decent reference photos especially for the Yellow Ranger as you see her rear. Plus we're going to get a trailer a couple of weeks from now where hopefully we can start making our cosplays from there where they would give us a full 360 degree view.
14379889_1877264899161357_8149034298929661018_o.jpg
14434962_1877264872494693_4975401384793154753_o.jpg
14435237_1877264832494697_54017483365301463_o.jpg
14444818_1877264819161365_2032685542360376558_o.jpg
14379867_1877264779161369_4590163820454901427_o.jpg

This video has pretty detailed shots of the Legacy Red Ranger toy. Not sure if they're any good.

I also found a very cheap looking Red Ranger helmet for sale. Not worth buying IMO. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...8cc514572b1c4fa4-1476847381368-06584-VnYZvQVf

Also, I have an image of the rear of the Red Ranger's suit. Can anyone help me figure out where the silver parts are and point them out on the toy figure?
tmp_sharpen_Back_image_1.jpg

Back_image_2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back